Porsche Motorsport via Speedvision

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2001, 03:07 PM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post Porsche Motorsport via Speedvision

While checking on the LeMans final results this weekend, I noted that Speedvision & Porsche have entered into a "joint marketing & media" venture, named Porsche Motorsport.

This may be interpreted in various ways, but being the eternal optimist, I'd like to believe that Porsche has decided to make the old timers (many of us), racers (some of us), new car buyers (few of us), and those wanting to see Porsche back at the top of international pro Sports-Prototype podiums (all of us) happy. We shall see...
http://speedvision01.e-media.com/sit...000/index.html
Old 06-18-2001, 11:09 PM
Dial 911
Instructor

I had a look at the "Porsche Motorsports" link on the Speedvision site. A few interesting images, and some (brief) text.
IMO...pretty lightweight.

Besides, what is really needed is a return to the top echelon of competition (and I don't mean GT)...the prototype class. I hope sales of the Boxster and the SUV fill the Porsche coffers past the brim. The overflow can then be used to build an Audi R8 beater.
Old 06-20-2001, 05:24 PM
jpa
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know Porsche and Audi are related, anybody think Porsche is racing prototype via the Mighty R8. Just a thought to ponder.
Old 06-21-2001, 02:20 AM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

You are partially right - Piech is this generation's Porsche, but he is not a stalking horse for the next Porsche (gmbh) assault on prototype sports racing... he is about to retire & the rest is up to all of us to influence via MARKET DEMAND. Don't we all want a V10 based prototype to win LeMans in '02 (or '03)? Given that the production cost differential, in quantity, is not so different than the the GT3, what is holding the factory back? DEMAND! Demand for the "street" version of the V10, backed by buyers w/ $$$s, and we have what we really want - a future of high performance Porsches at a price point that we can reach, eventually...

Quick Reply: Porsche Motorsport via Speedvision