911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

COA - able to get for older car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011 | 10:01 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

But when did you get them? As I mentioned, the accuracy of years ago seems to be different than today.

Originally Posted by Rob Heath
The COA for my '68 912 came through accurate.
Originally Posted by Brett San Diego
Yeah, both of mine are fine, too. (well, to the best of my knowledge) 1978 and 1964 model years.

To the original poster, I would have to guess that more of them are accurate than are inaccurate. They provide original engine and transmission serial numbers, which gives a method of verifying "matching numbers" originality. (but, then again, I suppose those numbers could be subject to the same inaccuracy as other pieces of information on the COA)

Brett
Old 12-26-2011 | 01:25 AM
Rob Heath
Racer

When I got the COA it was when I learned that my '68 car had a '67 engine, re-built / big bore. The owner at the shop I was talking the car to said " well we do know it runs a lot better than the '68 engine that burned up with all of the new smog ***t that they had to put on the car to meet emission regulations.

Any way when I bought my car, I hadn't caught the "bug" and idea of well running, but non matching numbers car that might have some value difference hadn't connected with me yet.

Seems to be a difference in Porsche's ability to track production and report it back to you.

Could be in the growth years where systems, processes and recording of production outpaced capability to track and report. I would love to have the factory sticker window list of my car and see where the car was delivered (somewhere in CA), etc.
Old 12-26-2011 | 01:27 AM
Rob Heath
Racer

Ed - saw your post after I was posting.

I got my COA 2 years ago.
Old 12-26-2011 | 07:07 AM
Brett San Diego
Burning Brakes

Around 7 and 2 years ago.

Brett

Quick Reply: COA - able to get for older car?