Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

B-K Strut tower brace for Targa...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 11:01 PM
john d 81SC
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post B-K Strut tower brace for Targa...

...in my as yet unsuccessful search for a used Brey-Krause harness guide bar for a Targa, I came across a coupe at Watkins Glen using the B-K strut tower brace. The owner claimed it was extremely effective - said it helped in the turns. Anybody else out there using this in a Targa, and is it really functional? My application would be for DE events. I appreciate hearing of anyone's experience with thos B-K strut tower brace (and am STILL looking for a used B-K harness guide bar).
TIA!
Old 06-19-2002, 12:55 AM
HarryD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I know this is no help, but I am in the hunt for a Harness Bar (new or used) for my '73. The B-K bars are for '74 and later and I need one so I can stop sliding in my seat during AutoX.

For your application, have you contacted some of the Rennlist sponsors/posters. They can be of great help.

Good luck,
Old 06-19-2002, 01:22 AM
JackOlsen
Race Car

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts
Harry, I've got two harness bars for a 73 that I'd be willing to sell. One's a Weltmeister, and I can check on the other. I installed a roll bar, so I dond't need them anymore.

John, the strut tower bars are considered most effective in cabs and targas. I put it off for a long time with my coupe, but when my shop put one together we combined the better parts of a used Weltmeister and a used Stable Energies Camber Truss bar. The nice thing about the Weltmeister is the <a href="http://www.pelicanparts.com/ultimate/image_uploads/wmbracep1.jpg" target="_blank">'poor man's monoball'</a> washer replacement that firms up handling. The camber truss bar is nice, with its diagonal trusses, but it only provides outward pressure on the shock towers. I took the trusses from the stable energies bar and combined them with the cross piece from a Weltmeister bar (which also pulls the towers back inward). If you can find each one used, it's a cost-effective solution.
Old 06-20-2002, 06:14 PM
john d 81SC
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Harry,

Not yet - for now I'm relying on the folks in this room. Have gotten excellent responses to previous Q's, so I thought I'd start here.

Jack,

Thank you for your input. Had heard mostly cons re: the camber truss/diagonal application; your hybrid sounds very interesting.
Old 06-20-2002, 11:35 PM
Chuck Harmon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the Weltmeister strut tower brace and the Weltmeister Harness Bar in my 83SC Targa.I added them along with other suspension mods so it was impossible to really tell,I can say that my top squeeks less than before !

Quick Reply: B-K Strut tower brace for Targa...