Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

some questions about the heater system/ blower

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 12:28 AM
masterdave
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some questions about the heater system/ blower

So I took my 78SC out this weekend, this is the first time I have driven it in cold weather since I have owned it. I found my self needing the defogger on the way home that night. This is where my issues begin.

First off when the car is stationary there is no air flow through any of the ducts. When the car is in motion there is plenty of air flow. Does this mean my blower is dead.

When the 2 levers next to the parking break are down, I get cold air at my feet, and on the window. When they are up I get hot air at my feet and still cool at the window, None of the dash vents work.

I tried all the positions listed in the glove compartment and nothing seemed to change. What are those sliders connected to, they seem to be mechanical not electric odiously, but what functions do they serve. I know they upper right one is or i think it is fan speed, but of what fan. The upper left one seems to be a slider between, defogger and dash vents, at least based on the picture. What do the lower 2 sliders do?

I do not have an owners manual, is all that information in there?

Thanks
Dave
Old 11-03-2011, 06:22 AM
Euronavy
Instructor

if by any chance you still have your Manuel that came with the car, it explains it very well in there. I don't remember everything off the top of my head (no heater + crappy a/c + hawaii climate = windows down weather 24/7)
Old 11-03-2011, 09:31 AM
AirCoolBill
Intermediate

http://members.rennlist.com/imcarthur/911autoheat.htm

I am not sure what you system is I have an 87 Carerra with the manual system. I found this posting to be helpful.

Bill
Old 11-03-2011, 02:55 PM
wwest
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Asked and answered....elsewhere.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Arctic1
Advanced

Generally speaking I find the the de-fog feature sucks, especially if trying to have it blow hot air.

When I need to defog I max out the amount of warm air coming in to the car and then simply play with the fan controls so that I get some air blowing to the windshield - cool air also works to defog but just not as efficiently sometimes. Cracking the window or sunroof open also helps as your goal is to try and get excess humidity out of the car when the dew point is around ambient temperature.

Since the operation of the A/C and heater are independent of each other it is nice to have additional options.

jb

Quick Reply: some questions about the heater system/ blower