Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Availability of M-491 option?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 09:11 AM
PiL
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Availability of M-491 option?

I am looking for a 911/964 Coupe in the build dates between '83-'93. I just comes down to price of car and how much I will be able to shell out at the time of purchase. One thing I know I want for sure is the Turbo Look option. Which years, in the date range I mentioned, was the
M-491 option available?

BTW, Paul491Cadrobbi - if you are reading this post - your car is awesome! I will be looking for a white 911 "Turbo Look". I hope I can find one as nice as yours.....
Old 05-25-2003, 09:19 AM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
speaking of Paul.. where the hell have you been???? i havent seen him around in a while now. maybe he found the 912 he was looking for and is putting together a vintage racer. paul if youre out there.. let us know your still here!!!

and i agree 100% with you PiL, Paul's turbo look is simply GORGEOUS!
Old 05-26-2003, 03:04 PM
PiL
Advanced

Are 911 "Turbo Look" aftermarket kits available for the 3.2? Meaning, can I buy a regular 911 Carrera 3.2 Coupe and buy an aftermarket Turbo Look kit and have it installed? Is this recommended, or should I look for a "factory" Turbo Look? What about for the 964?
Old 05-26-2003, 09:39 PM
jim912928
Racer

PiL..I looked long and hard for a turbo look 911 (didn't want to hassle with the maintenance of the turbo stuff with no porsche dealership close) and couldn't really find one that worked for me. So, I found a good strong base 911..and am putting factory parts on it (most "kits" are fiberglass and will detract from the value). If you look long and hard and find the right places, you can get all the body parts for a fairly reasonable price. Then, just find a good body shop that can do the work. When I'm all done, I'll have a factory wide body targa!...should be back from the body shop in about a month. This way, you get the look and color you want!

Jim
Old 05-29-2003, 01:09 PM
TC_SJ
Instructor

There are at least 5 for sale on ebay, one of the reb cabriolet T/L 1987 are seem fair price

Search for Porsche Turbo Look, you will see all car listed

GOOD LUCK
Old 06-02-2003, 12:59 PM
nate
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by PiL:
<strong>Are 911 "Turbo Look" aftermarket kits available for the 3.2? Meaning, can I buy a regular 911 Carrera 3.2 Coupe and buy an aftermarket Turbo Look kit and have it installed? Is this recommended, or should I look for a "factory" Turbo Look? What about for the 964?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">There are plenty of kits out there. However, most are fibreglass so look out for steel fender flares for the rear. You will need to weld them into place and have the car repainted. If all you want is the look, go this route. If you want the additional benefits (namely the suspension) keep looking for a T-L. I can't say enough good things about these cars. I've had mine for two years now and love it on and off the track.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Availability of M-491 option?