Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

1989,..rear shock and new sneakers

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 06:41 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man-o-Man,..they're just fine! Can't wait to get the rear sway arm mounts reworked,..her tail should be in good working order, therafter,..just ordered the Boge inserts for the front (maybe next W/E?...hehehe)......

Bored today, I remembered that I had not changed the plugs out after the BG44K load (another thread...(s-?) ).......these plugs have had about 2K miles on 'em since the BG44K load....SO: I decided to get some fresh copper loaded and to look at the burn print.......all looked just fine! I can't believe the additional pep she has with these fresh plugs. I usually change 'em out at 6K miles (I know),..but decided it best to get these 44K-soaked plugs outa there,..idle seems a bit more stable, as well...........once I get this coating worn from the new rear sneakers, and start feeling traction a bit better-back there, I'll test on the sprited twisties and report back.

Will load a fresh distributor and rotor on Tuesday,..then hand her off to the Wrench for the sway bar mount rework and a valve adjustment (also some warranty work on the #1 plug,..(I'll be updating (reviving) THAT thread very soon. I love handing her off when she's running perfectly!

I can NOW feel the rear shocks doing what they (new ones) should do in normal day-to-day stuff,...MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE RIDE.......the front rework should be "nirvana".......can't wait...."icing on the cake", as Bird noted.

BEST!

Doyle

Last edited by dshepp806; 09-25-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:04 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

no biggie about the boges

I just went with Bilsteins coz they were cheap
Old 09-26-2011, 10:38 AM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those fronts will make just as big a difference. I have no problem with Boge on a stock suspension, I may get some flack for this, but if you are looking for noticable improvements on the cheap, consider some urethane sway bar bushings in the front (you have the wevo mounts in the rear which has a delrin bushing IIRC). Weltmeister may sell these but try here http://www.powerflexusa.com/ for more choices and pricing. Best $50 you can spend and they really improve reaction over stock...which may be worn out by now anyway.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:40 AM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well, sorry; your fr. sway bushings may be more like $100 but thats all of them.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:42 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Point noted,..and thanks!

Doyle

Quick Reply: 1989,..rear shock and new sneakers