Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

How much is it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2001, 10:00 AM
bk3104
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How much is it worth?

I'm a relative "newbie" to the Rennlist 911 forums, so please bear with me and I'll make this as short and sweet as possible.

I just started working on trying to sell my fathers 1987 911 Targa as he won't be driving it any more. From reading through this website, I've been seeing values anywhere from $17K to about $29K depending on condition and mileage.

This car needs a little cosmetic work(shifter **** and inside of Targa top, which I guess is pretty common), but other than a few paint scratches, the car seems to be very solid and goes very well. It *does* have a little over 125K on the clock so I know that will affect the price.

I was going to list it for $17,900 and would welcome any opinions as to whether I am way off here or on track.

Thanks for your help. I've been following the forum here for a week or so now and it sure seems as if you folks really know your stuff.
Old 06-30-2001, 11:38 AM
davis911s
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Augusts edition of EXCELLENCE mag has just done a market report on these.
Bruce Anderson rated your Dads car from $17,657 in poor condition to $26,875 in Excellent condition. How long has it been since it was driven? Are the any oil leaks? What problems are there that you KNOW of? Will it need a re-paint? Basically find out what it would cost to make this car PERFECT and subtract that from the $26, 875, that would be an indication. Also your market may be different. Up here in Canada prices seem higher as there are not many around?

I guess it comes down to what you are wiliing to sell for and what someone is willing to pay. Your price seems low to me, but a great deal for somebody.

Shawn
Old 06-30-2001, 12:35 PM
Dial 911
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The biggest issue with the 3.2 is valve guide wear. They often wear out with far less than 125k. If the potential buyer of your car has it inspected for leakdown and finds poor readings, you'll take a hit on the asking price.

Quick Reply: How much is it worth?