Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Largest gathering of 911s?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 10:41 PM
4re308
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yep, in I heard that too! I hope they have a tremendous and successful event. I just want more than double that many here! WE CAN DO IT!! Thanks for your support everyone. We need all the help we can get!
Old 10-11-2011, 04:57 PM
4re308
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi everyone! I just wanted to bump this thread! We are getting a ton of pre registrations for the Mille Porsche Festival. There is a bunch of 911s signed up from just about every year!! Including Turbos, S cars, GT2s, GT3s, RSRs, IROC cars and more. PLEASE bring your car, we need sheer numbers. If you have 2 cars, ask your dad or your brother, uncle, boss whoever to drive it too. Thanks so much for your time. See you soon!
Old 11-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

So, the reviews are in......a couple of hundred cars and that basically it was a cluster-you-know-what.....?
Old 11-07-2011, 11:59 AM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was itching for this thread to be resurected. I was there. I had a good time. It could have been construed as a scam, but there were no diabolical intentions I'm sure. I looked at some cool cars and met some very nice people which is all I went for in the first place. It was a 5 hour trip for my wife and I in the 924S that has all sorts of delrin/spherical bearings...an adventure I will call it. My objectives were met, but for those that drove twice as far(if not further), got shafted on their track laps/concours/for sale "upgrade" they payed for; They're pissed. I understand the sponsers and venders are (or should be) pissed.
I will upload a few photos from the event when I get them out of the camera and droid.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by whalebird
I was itching for this thread to be resurected. I was there. I had a good time. It could have been construed as a scam, but there were no diabolical intentions I'm sure. I looked at some cool cars and met some very nice people which is all I went for in the first place. It was a 5 hour trip for my wife and I in the 924S that has all sorts of delrin/spherical bearings...an adventure I will call it. My objectives were met, but for those that drove twice as far(if not further), got shafted on their track laps/concours/for sale "upgrade" they payed for; They're pissed. I understand the sponsers and venders are (or should be) pissed.
I will upload a few photos from the event when I get them out of the camera and droid.
Some are considering it a large Cars & Coffee, so you have the proper outlook on it.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Caferacer
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did not go this year but would love to go to an event like this on the East Coast. I've been reading the responses on Pelican and if I were one of the organizers of this event I would:

a) send an email to all registrants thanking them and promising to do better next year incorporating everything learned
b) offer a significant discount next year to this year's registrants
c) involve the PCA directly or indirectly
d)do it at Road Atlanta
e) get a Rennlist Membership

I applaud their ambition and pray that they did not do this for the money.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:34 PM
hbtd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My son and I went to the Mille and had a blast. Several nice cars to view and spoke to a lot of nice owners. The laps around AMS with all the p-cars really made it fun. However the $20 payment for laps was unnecessary. We left after the final 5 group laps and it sounds like no one got their individual laps. The communication and coordination could have been a better.

The trip over to Fresh Air BBQ in Jackson made for a great day.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:54 PM
whalebird
Race Car

I think Cafe nailed it. Help organizing an event on this scale would be needed and PCA would ceertainly help. I spoke with a friend today (Owner of the Paint to Sample Boxster RS) and he was disappointed he did not get the laps he paid for. I boils down that the track was not rented; either the track broke promise, or Mitch didn't pay for the track (there was another event going on at the same time). There were no EMS/fire on hand, I counted 4 police cars, and that kind of presence cost money. I've rented tracks before and have an idea of what costs are involved.
I had a great time all the same, and I hope the event will go on. I would do it again in a second.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:57 PM
whalebird
Race Car

a few pics: The shabby 924S that got tire shine at the car wash much to my anger, me and the wife unit thrown together trying to stay warm, and a 914 I snapped for Peter Z in the 914 forum
Attached Images      
Old 11-07-2011, 08:08 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Cool pics! Will attend east coast events.......when I pick up my car! Starting with the PCA Swap Meet in Hershey, PA next April.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:34 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Great video over on PP. Man, I can't believe I missed this....hopefully, they'll get these "kinks" ironed out for next year...looked to be a frikin blast!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only to have missed the event, but (also, and, moreso) the chance to meet the infamous WHALEBIRD !!!!!!!! (who did his best, btw)...man,..he was >100 miles north of me...I feel bad.

Doyle
Old 11-07-2011, 08:36 PM
whalebird
Race Car

thanks Tim. Some here may know already that I am currently without 911. The 924S is a daily driver/weekend obsesion/PCA placeholder. I don't make any apologies for it...it is a tight little car that is dang solid, but aircooled cars have been my life for a long time and I dedicate most of my social/technical dialogue to this forum. I can be a strong advocate of the social outlets that Porsches provide and strongly reccommend your involvement in PCA and these types of good family fun. I do find joy in your's and others enthusiasm. Never been to Hershey, but understand it's outstanding. Maybe we'll look into it this upcoming year.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:45 PM
whalebird
Race Car

Dshepp...feel bad, hell I feel terrible. You're 'preoccupied' and this was a last minute deal for me so no sweat, but I do feel like absolute crap about what happened to you on 75. I'll be back in the ATL area very soon for business..."when it's right, It's right as rain".
You didn't miss much as far as events go. I'll be in touch, but blessings are often disguised.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:04 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Thanks, Bird! dropped an email to you....

DO let me know when you're coming in to the Big-A on the next run.......we're slated to see Joe Bonamisso at the Cobb Performing Arts Theatre this month....mm...wonder if you're coming then,..am working on some backstage stuff......helluva blues master, for sure. Just let me know of your travels, mate.

The hassle with the car is has been, just that....have been living within the PET, testing this adjuster at the most basic point: the initial quote. Man was he off...left off several things NOTED during the initial inspection...that would be WHEN I MET WITH HIM (......)...WTF,..has caused much time consumption when dealing with multiple shops,..figuring out who knows what,....a bit of intensive tune-in...I'm really exhausted on this one (considering the past 6 month's "surroundings").....having to keep this adjuster, at bay,..tuned in to the real world....I'll call you to discuss the particulars,..I do need some advice here and have posted in a few forums to garner more knowledge on this "process".....what a pain..

back to point, I would hope next year's rendition will be better..(

,...yes,..disguised,...)

BEST TO ALL!!!!!

Doyle
Old 11-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Nice car, and wife!

Quick Reply: Largest gathering of 911s?