Try Pelicanparts.com for the switch
Old 10-14-2003, 08:07 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally posted by BPBevins
Hello all,

Funny thing, my hi beam switch needs to be replaced also. Where is the best place to get the replacement part? How much did you guys spend on the part?

Thanks
brandon
86 carrera

pelican parts, about 100 bucks I think, vertexauto has it cheaper.
Old 10-16-2003, 05:49 AM
Paul491 Cadrobbi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Nate! I just replaced my own switch about a month ago. As I've recently discovered, another possible cause for these switches going out somewhat 'prematurely' may be due to the addition of H-4 headlights without a relay. The system was originally designed to carry the entire headlight amp load through the turn signal switch. The H-4's draw so much extra load that over time, it warps all the electrical contacts causing high beams to stay on continuously among other things… Unfortunately, once the switch is bad, it will have to be replaced and that's the time to install the relay. One of these units can be purchased for about 10 bucks and is the fix to run H-4's. Once installed, the relay will carry the big load and the switch will just go back to doing its job of switching.

This appears to be the cause in my situation as my car came to me with H-4's already installed by a previous owner WITHOUT a relay. Shortly after purchase and not knowing any better, I replaced the switch. It lasted about another five years... Now that I’ve become quite adept in replacing the turn signal switch yet AGAIN, I will most certainly be installing a relay VERY shortly... heh heh.

Hope this helps, just my .02 cents.

Cheers!

Last edited by Paul491 Cadrobbi; 10-16-2003 at 01:15 PM.
Old 10-16-2003, 06:53 PM
scottb
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Marcus Sucro has a great kit with two pre-wired relays and step-by-step instructions. $20. Do a user search on the Pelican board for "msucro" and send him an e-mail. It's money well-spent!
Old 10-16-2003, 10:55 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally posted by scottb
Marcus Sucro has a great kit with two pre-wired relays and step-by-step instructions. $20. Do a user search on the Pelican board for "msucro" and send him an e-mail. It's money well-spent!
Marcus Sucro EMAIL IS:
msucro@rennlist.com

Quick Reply: Replacing turn signal switch