Oh No, Not Another Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 02:32 PM
Helios59
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Oh No, Not Another Exhaust Thread

Well, yes...but I'll keep it simple.

I have a chance to buy a GHL sport muffler in great condition at a big discount.

Anyone have any opinions, pro or con?

My car's totally stock right now...no cat bypass, no chip.

I'm looking for a nice sporty sound and NO DRONE. I searched but most of the "GHL" threads are several years old.

Thanks!
Old 08-19-2011, 03:48 PM
vracer
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

The consensus is that most, if not all, sport mufflers drone. I understand the desire to get a bit of noise. With my '89 stock setup, all I hear is the fan.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:44 PM
jackb911
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 55 Posts

I'm not familiar with the GHL sport muffler but I have one of their cat bypass pipes on my '87. I bought it nearly 10 years ago and it is still in great shape. It is a very nicely made piece...the welds are beautiful.

My muffler is a M&K 1-in, 2-out that Ben custom made for my brother when he owned the car. It is loud as hell under hard acceleration but there is zero drone when cruising at highway speeds.

I had a Fabspeed 1-in, 1-out sport muffler on my last RS America and it sounded really good. Not real loud but just right for me and no droning. I'm sure the GHL guys will give you some feedback regarding the sound of their mufflers. They make quality stuff.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:16 PM
g-50cab
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

The 2 out GHL's Buzz a little at 2900 rpms' You'll hear it more in a cab too. If you drive with your wifey I would not recommend. If it's just you and your teenage son - then go for it.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:53 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Helios59
Well, yes...but I'll keep it simple.

I have a chance to buy a GHL sport muffler in great condition at a big discount.

Anyone have any opinions, pro or con?

My car's totally stock right now...no cat bypass, no chip.

I'm looking for a nice sporty sound and NO DRONE. I searched but most of the "GHL" threads are several years old.

Thanks!
I don't know much about the GHL, but as you can see in my sig, I have done a lot of things you are thinking about. I am very happy w/ my Fabspeed setup. Go to there site and watch the video of the system. Car does not drone and when you get on it, it roars to life!
Old 08-19-2011, 08:28 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

I hate these threads /... they should make it mandatory you have a sound clip i can use on my phone

Quick Reply: Oh No, Not Another Exhaust Thread