Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

911 for the freakishly tall?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 07:28 PM
Marauder1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went ahead and ordered the "Extend my Seat" brackets. They responded to my email that they don't lower the seat any but they do move it back. Even an inch would be more comfortable but the problem still persists about not being able to move the wheel back further.

I took the Porsche DE classes this weekend and they actually had me move the seat forward so that my arms were in the correct position which didn't make my legs happy. I'll report back after I have it installed.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:29 PM
Charles Freeborn
Instructor

I'm 6'4", with most of it in my legs (same torso as a 6'person). I'm okay with the stock seat set up all the way back. I did make a spacer for my steering wheel to get it closer to me an maintain proper elbow angle. There are extended hubs for this purpose as well.
-C
Old 04-30-2016, 11:20 PM
arachnyd
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rsponholtz
Hi,
I'm a really tall guy (6'8", 36" inseam), and for some strange reason I like small cars. I've been wanting to buy a 911, but I wanted to check with the community on model and seat options. I've sat in a 997 (a 2007 model, I think) and fit ok. Unfortunately I'd probably be looking at an older model due to cost. Do you have a recommendation (model, seat & mount) on the best set up for both legroom and headroom, either for a 996 or an older air-cooled Porsche (my preference)? Any idea how much space I'd gain from a modified setup?

Surely there are lots of NBA players out there driving Porsches - how do they do it? Are there shops that specialize in that kind of thing?

BTW, I currently drive a BMW 3-series sedan and fit fine in it, with the seat all the way down and back.

Any other tall-ies out there who could send me some suggestions?

Thanks,
Ross
I'm 6'9 and can't fit in a 3 series unless it's a sport (with the smaller steering wheel)... Mercedes SLKs and Fieros are no problem though!! Haha.

I only have a 32" inseam though. Completely different proportions!
Old 05-03-2016, 04:54 PM
74 911s
Intermediate

6'6" in a midyear. I use a 3" spacer on my momo adapter. I also just picked up a seine system 3" shift extension. I lean the seat pretty far back and it's pushed all the way back.

Quick Reply: 911 for the freakishly tall?