Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Can i see burgundy interior photos and suggestions for 'rs' type interior upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 12:24 PM
BDHo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can i see burgundy interior photos and suggestions for 'rs' type interior upgrades

hi guys,
im thinking of getting a 964 coupe that has a burgundy interior. Since burgundy was more common in the 80s, im posting here.

Is this interior problematic if i want to slowly add 'rs' type interior upgrades? e.g. the dash and upper door ledges are burgundy.
Im not sure i want to do the full 'rs' interior redo , but want an rs-type street/track combo. I remember photos of 959 cars with burgundy interiors with gray accents.
Can i see some pics of other burgundy interiors and get some suggestions / inspiration.
thanks
Old 07-17-2011, 04:05 PM
1986 Targa
Instructor

Location: Manhattan Beach, California. Retired Engineer 1986 Targa-Factory Delivery Original Owner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BDHo
hi guys,
im thinking of getting a 964 coupe that has a burgundy interior. Since burgundy was more common in the 80s, im posting here.

Is this interior problematic if i want to slowly add 'rs' type interior upgrades? e.g. the dash and upper door ledges are burgundy.
Im not sure i want to do the full 'rs' interior redo , but want an rs-type street/track combo. I remember photos of 959 cars with burgundy interiors with gray accents.
Can i see some pics of other burgundy interiors and get some suggestions / inspiration.
thanks
Hope this helps.

I took these during our factory delivery.

Might be the ones you remember.

Good luck,

Gerry
Attached Images     
Old 07-18-2011, 08:43 AM
Helios59
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 37 Posts

Gerry,

That's a 959, sliced down the middle!

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

Here's a look at my '86...should have cleaned the carpet before taking it....
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Can i see burgundy interior photos and suggestions for 'rs' type interior upgrades