Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

High RPM & blown motor, tiwce!! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 12:13 AM
KeithC2Turto
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post High RPM & blown motor, tiwce!! HELP

OK I have toasted my second crank. This last time I went to a 3.6 oil pump & a cross drilled crank. I only run up to about 7500 rpm. Also had case line bored and did the oil bypass mod. The motor is a 2.4 w 9.1 CR & S cams in a 72 911 w stock front oil cooler. Nothing outragous. Now I am told to shim the pressure regulator. Both motors has less that 3k miles. HELP, ANY $UGESTION$?
Old 11-02-2002, 12:31 AM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by KeithC2Turto:
<strong>OK I have toasted my second crank. This last time I went to a 3.6 oil pump & a cross drilled crank. I only run up to about 7500 rpm. Also had case line bored and did the oil bypass mod. The motor is a 2.4 w 9.1 CR & S cams in a 72 911 w stock front oil cooler. Nothing outragous. Now I am told to shim the pressure regulator. Both motors has less that 3k miles. HELP, ANY $UGESTION$?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hi Keith:

Very sorry to hear of your troubles, Sir........ I have many suggestions.

As this is a very complex issue and has a layered solution, please call me for some help. Its far too much for e-mail as we need a telephone dialog to address everything,...... : )
Old 11-02-2002, 12:52 AM
GratefulJED
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Better call him Keith! That's like having Mother Theresa pop in to give you a hand with the kids!!

Quick Reply: High RPM & blown motor, tiwce!! HELP