Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

It's the little things...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 12:29 AM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My first accomplishment when getting my 3.2 home was to clean the underside with a power washer turned way down to not remove paint. I must have removed 50 lbs of mud, rocks, and dirt from the car. Maybe more.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:48 AM
Caferacer
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carrera3.2LG50
Paul's little thing of the day:
On my way home from the monthly PCA dinner meeting, I noticed that my left front turn signal was out.

I have just returned from a successful garage session in which I have replaced my left front signal bulb.

I shall now wait patiently while the kudos come flooding in. LOL.

Crickets...LOL. My kudos don't mean much but you've got 'em nonetheless.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:14 PM
GothingNC
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera3.2LG50
Paul's little thing of the day:
On my way home from the monthly PCA dinner meeting, I noticed that my left front turn signal was out.

I have just returned from a successful garage session in which I have replaced my left front signal bulb.

I shall now wait patiently while the kudos come flooding in. LOL.
Did you top off the blinker fluid?
Old 07-13-2011, 05:50 PM
Brett San Diego
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GothingNC
Did you top off the blinker fluid?
Here's my favorite source, but unfortunately, they appear to be out at the moment.

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...&products_id=6

You'll have to shop around some more.

Brett
Old 07-13-2011, 07:44 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by jclanin
Ok so not huge accomplishments by any means, but this weekend I...

1. Replaced my brake light switches. Brake lights now work with much less pedal effort.

2. Fixed my fog-lights... the relay was bad.

3. Replaced my engine lid shock with a heavy duty Weltmeister version from Pelican. Works great.

4. Removed front valance below the bumper and straightened out a dent (previous owner caused). It's not perfect, but looks much, much better.

I have to say that while all of these 'fixes' are considered easy by DIY standards, each had it's own degree of PITAssness.

A suspension overhaul is next on the list. Mine is shot and I think the car will be much more enjoyable to drive once I replace bushings, shocks, etc... I need to save a bit more 'petty cash' before tackling this project though...

Thanks for all of the help so far!

--JC
Agreed JC and a suspension will make a world of a difference. I bought this car from a good friend, so I was in the car before and after. He put in new bilsteins all around, stiff and lower springs and a stabilizer in the frunk. Car handles great and this is from a guy that has an 09' S w/ a SPASM setup!
Old 07-13-2011, 08:10 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Great group here,..I've learned so frikin' much from SO many people.....very gratious.....it IS part of "ownership" (being here).

BEST!

Doyle
Old 07-14-2011, 10:36 AM
jclanin
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SARGEPUG
Agreed JC and a suspension will make a world of a difference. I bought this car from a good friend, so I was in the car before and after. He put in new bilsteins all around, stiff and lower springs and a stabilizer in the frunk. Car handles great and this is from a guy that has an 09' S w/ a SPASM setup!
Good to know. I was going to do exhaust/chip as my first big mod. But I think the tired suspension needs to be higher on the list... gotta save some dough for it though...

thanks guys!

Quick Reply: It's the little things...