Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Porsche 911 101 Class

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 11:32 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

you wont get bounced Ed its my thread , I noticed he has a habit of just crapping on other peoples threads. He does it over on Pelican too and the guys treat him the same way as us when he uses ridiculous condescending tones . Just let it go Ed . ill see if I can have what WAS a good informative thread cleaned up by the mods.
Anybody know who that is for our forum ?
Old 12-15-2016, 02:54 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

Try "Mark in Baltimore", he's a mod-usually on 993 board.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:37 PM
sugarwood
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Anyone driving at the limit on the streets is the D-bag! If you're going to tell someone "don't lift", then qualify that statement saying it only applies when you're at 9/10s or at the limit.
Like I've said several times, saying "Don't lift when on the track and your tires are screaming" is more accurate.
For all other driving, lifting is fine, and I've proven it to myself dozens of times.
The internet nonsense of "Don’t lift .. enough said .. " without any qualifiers details is atrociously terrible advice that is dangerous to people.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:40 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Take your stupid posting to another thread. Nobody here cares what you say. Quit.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:24 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by sugarwood
Anyone driving at the limit on the streets is the D-bag! If you're going to tell someone "don't lift", then qualify that statement saying it only applies when you're at 9/10s or at the limit.
Like I've said several times, saying "Don't lift when on the track and your tires are screaming" is more accurate.
For all other driving, lifting is fine, and I've proven it to myself dozens of times.
The internet nonsense of "Don’t lift .. enough said .. " without any qualifiers details is atrociously terrible advice that is dangerous to people.
wouldn't the assumption be that a driver doesn't need any advice on how to drive in normal conditions on the street? Seriously. Who seeks out advice on the internet re driving at 25 in a 25? On the other hand, who is driving at 9/10 on the street? Yep, someone that could use some sage advice on how to best pilot a sledgehammer.

Sugar, did you ever race an ATC as a kid? I raced flat track on every Honda from a 110 to a 350X. Everyone learned the hard way what happens if you lift in a turn....it was terminal. The 911 is no different. Under normal conditions it's fairly stable, but pushed to the limits it wants to kill you. At the limits you steer with the rear. If your car is always under control and never walking out along side you, then please ignore Ed's posts as they don't apply to you. If you play at the cars limits, listen to him.....don't lift.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:14 PM
sugarwood
Pro

I am addressing the audience of threads like these. A newcomers who has never driven a 911 sees these threads. He keeps seeing people saying "Don't lift", like it's some cult-like mantra, without ANY sort of qualifing details. What happens? The newcomer is led to believe that lifting throttle at any time in a turn will immediately result in a totalled car. I've seen numerous threads where people finally realize this is a massive exaggeration. It's time to end this dangerous unilateral myth.
Old 12-16-2016, 07:51 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

I am addressing the audience of threads like these. A newcomers who has never driven a 911 sees these threads. He keeps seeing people saying "Don't lift", like it's some cult-like mantra, without ANY sort of qualifing details. What happens? The newcomer is led to believe that lifting throttle at any time in a turn will immediately result in a totalled car. I've seen numerous threads where people finally realize this is a massive exaggeration. It's time to end this dangerous unilateral myth.
Shut up and go away. Your mental prowess doesn't meet the standards here, as you only seem to respond to bright lights and absolute dark and white. You certainly have no reading comprehension as you keep posting sentences showing what is in your head, and NOT what people are saying or writing here. You really have a problem in the mental area.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:05 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Glue?

Show me the tread where someone pushes their car past it's limits and nothing happens when they lift.
Old 12-16-2016, 11:28 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Doug, this *** was hired by Ralph Nader to help press the rear engine issue, in some wacko way. He cant understand anything about in-between, or the fact that most here have never had a wreck. The fool doesn't understand that nobody is saying these cars are dangerous, or that they are an accident waiting to happen. The fool probably is "book smart" and going on what he's read, or thinks he's read, and wants to enlighten us with his opinions.

The fool thinks he sees "don't lift", when that isn't the case.

The fool probably has never driven a 911.

I'm sick of the fool. I've never put anyone on ignore, I may try it now.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:18 AM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you drive your air cooled 911 hard in the mountains, you'll notice that it corners much better going uphill than it does downhill.

Same principal to cornering while on part throttle or brakes. Of course you'll spin if you either lift, or worse, brake around a corner near the limit.

I thought everyone knew that. Watch the 993 ihtroduction with Hurley Haywood. He talks about how you used to steer a 911 with the throttle.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:49 AM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Holy Baby Jesus on a Pony, I read through the early posts, and this is one funny as hell thread.
Old 12-17-2016, 11:55 AM
sugarwood
Pro

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
You certainly have no reading comprehension as you keep posting sentences showing what is in your head, and NOT what people are saying or writing here.
Read the first post of this thread.

Don’t lift .. enough said ..
This is exactly what was typed, and is exactly what I am responding to.
The quoted line is simplistic, ridiculous, and dangerous.

Originally Posted by amber lamps
Glue?

Show me the tread where someone pushes their car past it's limits and nothing happens when they lift.
Never said that. I said most "porsche 101" newcomers don't drive at the limits. , and certainly not on public roads, like a D-bag. So, telling them "Don’t lift .. enough said .." is utterly idiotic advice without contextual supporting information. Going around a normal neighborhood curve doing 35mph will NOT results in your car doing a 180* if you lift throttle. So, stop saying it.

Originally Posted by rusnak
Of course you'll spin if you either lift, or worse, brake around a corner near the limit.
Now compare that accurate statement above with the absurd generalized statement peddled to the internet newcomers.
Don’t lift .. enough said .. My ***. Not enough said, as evidenced by Rusnak's more accurate statement.
Old 12-17-2016, 02:18 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Go away troll, you've regurgutated the same inane replies on every other post here that states it's not black and white, it is all about various inputs and needs depending on speed and conditions. Like I said, you have severe reading comprehension issues.

Read the first post of this thread.

This is exactly what was typed, and is exactly what I am responding to.
The quoted line is simplistic, ridiculous, and dangerous.

Never said that. I said most "porsche 101" newcomers don't drive at the limits. , and certainly not on public roads, like a D-bag. So, telling them "Don’t lift .. enough said .." is utterly idiotic advice without contextual supporting information. Going around a normal neighborhood curve doing 35mph will NOT results in your car doing a 180* if you lift throttle. So, stop saying it.

Now compare that accurate statement above with the absurd generalized statement peddled to the internet newcomers.
Don’t lift .. enough said .. My ***. Not enough said, as evidenced by Rusnak's more accurate statement.
Old 12-17-2016, 04:32 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by rusnak
Holy Baby Jesus on a Pony, I read through the early posts, and this is one funny as hell thread.
Speaking of Baby Jesus, how's the Arco station coming along? Planet Pumpkin do well? Gonna gift me the 914/6 anytime soon?
Old 12-17-2016, 10:32 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

I feel a bit like Ulysses in a Greek story, seriously. We got planning sign off, and traffic, and actually did the rough grading. When we get enviro health sign off, I expect that we will start foundations and when the ground dries out, start the storage tanks. It's been a long 5 year journey, but I think I'll be open by this summer. I'm actually going to be the second one taking credit cards at the pumps. I didn't have time to do Christmas Tree Carnival this year. It's the first time in over 20 years that I had to go out a buy a Christmas Tree. Weird.

Quick Reply: Porsche 911 101 Class