Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Solex to Weber air filter adapter?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 11:12 AM
redbug2
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solex to Weber air filter adapter?

Hello,

My 1965 911 was converted from Solex's to webers some time in its past. I have the original Solex's and Metal air filter. The last mechanic used a plastic air filter that must have come off of a later Porsche. The plastic filter is not a great fit.

I like the looks of the original metal filter and would like to put it on the webers. Is there an adapter kit out there that will adapt the metal filter to the webers?

Thanks.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:14 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you tried PMO?
Old 06-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by redbug2
Hello,

My 1965 911 was converted from Solex's to webers some time in its past. I have the original Solex's and Metal air filter. The last mechanic used a plastic air filter that must have come off of a later Porsche. The plastic filter is not a great fit.

I like the looks of the original metal filter and would like to put it on the webers. Is there an adapter kit out there that will adapt the metal filter to the webers?

Thanks.
Hi,

Assuming you are speaking about installing the OEM air cleaner box, there are no adapters to install the Solex one onto a pair of Webers; they are totally different.

I would post a "Wanted" ad on the Early S Registry Forum for an OEM Weber air cleaner ('66-'68) and hope you find a rust-free example.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:08 AM
redbug2
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one but it's plastic, not sure what it came out of?

Yes, the wanted posting is a good idea, or I'll just have to stick with the plastic filter.

Quick Reply: Solex to Weber air filter adapter?