Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

wheel locks with no key - help

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2001, 12:34 PM
Goobu
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post wheel locks with no key - help

So I am so excited about picking up my new (to me) 993S, I did not notice the wheels had wheel locks on them.
This past Saturday, I role out the winter wheels (I just bought) and set the car to be jacked up. As I am breaking the seal of the lugs on the first tire, I get to the last lug nut and it was then I noticed the wheel locks. After searching the entire car, I called the "BMW" dealership I bought her from and they did not seem like they were going to be much help.

What are my options and what are the risks...Do Porsche dealerships have a master key or something or am I going to have to have them drilled? Has anyone had this done? Did it damage the wheels?

Thanks for your help,

Goobu
goobu@yahoo.com
Old 12-17-2001, 01:03 PM
Randy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If they are factory type locks, drive by a porsche dealer and they will spin them off, or get you a tool to do it yourself.
Old 12-17-2001, 02:17 PM
Drew_K
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If they're the type that take a special socket, then the Porsche dealer will have a master set and can remove them. At that point, you can either buy a new set of wheel locks, or the dealer can order a special socket for the locks currently on your car. I would just buy a new set b/c who knows how long it would take to receive the particular socket for your car.

Drew
92 C2

Quick Reply: wheel locks with no key - help