Another RS Carpet Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 10:50 AM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Question Another RS Carpet Thread...

I've been searching the archives here and on Pelican looking for information on RS or RS America interior carpet. A prior owner redid my 911 in what looks like cheap cut pile from Home Depot. I want the extremely low pile Perlon look and I also want a multi-piece set with bound edges. I've seen some photos around and it looks like the RS America carpet set is the one.

Questions: Many people seem to have sourced that type of carpet from Original Fit Interiors. Most people also say be prepared to wait for months and put up with incompetance and lies. Performance Products has a Perlon RS America carpet set, and it's even on sale right now. They only have a photo of a carpet swatch, though, not the complete set.

Has anyone purchased a carpet set from PP? Is it reasonably good quality, fit, edges bound nicely, etc?

Thanks! -Jon
Old 10-30-2002, 03:37 PM
David K.
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got my kit from Original Fit Interiors and the service and fit was great. If there backed up, its worth the wait.

BTW, Performance Products gets there carpet kits from Original Fit Interiors.
Old 10-30-2002, 05:12 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Yep--I discovered that. I ended up ordering directly from Original Fit Interiors.

Quick Reply: Another RS Carpet Thread...