.... I saw the 993 TT S in my rear view mirror

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2001, 11:39 PM
agent325
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool .... I saw the 993 TT S in my rear view mirror

The other day I was driving down the street at night and I saw a 993 TT S approaching real fast behind me. We both stopped at the red light, he got on my left side. when the light turned green, I got on it and jumped in the only lane ahead of us to get onto the freeway. He gently coasted light to light and got behind me to enter the freeway as well. I wanted to see what my stock '88 911 coupe could do against this beast. The light turned green and we both approached the onramp....looking ahead the onramp was about 1/8 of a mile long.....we both rolled about out gently out of the turn and we both stood side-by-side cruising at 25MPH.....we made the eye contact and instantly you could hear both flat 6s srceam to redline.....I was so amazed to see how hard he started to pull away, i felt like I was standing still.....I entered the Freeway at about 95-100 MPH and this guy was way ahead of me probably doing close to 130 to 140 MPH.....just wanted to share it with you guys!
Old 12-16-2001, 08:50 PM
Dan Rufer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agent 325:

Yesterday I was sitting at a left turn signal near Valley Forge, Pennsylvania in my '87 Carrera Coupe and was feeling good about the car (Sparco Evos seats with 5-point harnesses) when a 2001 Turbo crossed over the road going in the direction I was headed. I made my turn and high tailed it to catch him. Once he saw me (I believe), our speed increased half-again. We were moving right along and it was fun to be behind his car; he could have smoked me good but let me play. What I great way to spend a weekend. Dan
Old 12-17-2001, 01:40 AM
ZAMIRZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Yeah, I was heading back from a post prom party last year and i'm waiting at a light at 7:30 a.m. on sunday. The light turns green and i go and wait in the turn lane to make the left onto the freeway and go home. So as I'm waiting waht pulls up next to me, a white Flachbau ('94 Turbo 3.6 flatnose), his windows were tinted but i looked over and i could see his head move. The light turned green, we both made the left side-by-side, i goosed it and jumped a car on him, then i just hear a roar and he blows clean by me with the car kind of sideways spinning the tires and gets on the freeway. By the time i merged he was easily 15 cars on me, the power of the turbo Porsches is just NUTS! And the one part i remember most vividly was his shift, the weight transfer looked like he pulled a wheelie (even though i'm pretty sure he didn't) when he lifted outta the clutch. I hadn't slept in about 36 hours, but this thing woke me up.

later,

amir
Old 12-18-2001, 08:15 PM
Tony'z911
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't have the pleasure of running w/ another Porsche, but rather a Viper.
I was cruizing down the freeway at about 80-85 and I noticed a bright red Viper about 1/2-3/4 mile ahead. I left it in 5th and started to catch up to him. As soon as I went around a couple cars and came into his view he must have seen me and suddenly I wasn't catching him anymore. I was at about 100 so I went down to 4th, wound it out then hit 5th, but of course I never really made up any ground so I slowed up 30-40 mph and cruized at 100. All I wanted to do was check out his car.
-T

Quick Reply: .... I saw the 993 TT S in my rear view mirror