Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

cost of replacing floorboards

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 09:27 AM
joseph mitro
Race Car

Received 246 Likes on 160 Posts
Question cost of replacing floorboards

Can any of you older 911 owners out there shed some light on replacing rusted-out floorboards? My 1966 Porsche needs to have both driver and passenger floorboards replaced so I don't fall through.

What is an average cost I can expect to see? Could these be replaced with simple sheet metal to keep the cost down over having to purchase expensive stamped Porsche sheetmetal? Any other advice would be helpful.

Thanks,
Joseph
Old 10-29-2002, 10:13 AM
dhoward
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pelican and Vertex offer replacement stamped sheet metal. Seems like a couple of hundred bucks or so. I'm in the middle of doing the same thing now. Be prepared for a mess, hone your mig skills, and be patient, (not one of my strong suits). If I could figure out how to post some pics here, I would...
Dan
Old 10-29-2002, 01:16 PM
joseph mitro
Race Car

Received 246 Likes on 160 Posts
more specifically what i was looking for was a quote from an autobody shop repair. i don't have the skills or tools (or the patience!) to do that myself.
Joseph
Old 10-29-2002, 01:28 PM
Trak Ratt
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A lot ifs involved but if it’s only the pan, & if all the associated hardware can be reused, & if the shop can get good prices on the replacement pans, & if you don’t need new fuel & brake lines, figure 10 hours plus parts or about $1,200. But since you have it all apart why not rebuild the peddle cluster, replace the clutch cable, upgrade to a dual system master cylinder, renew the shifter bushings…

Quick Reply: cost of replacing floorboards