Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Advice needed on TRE Brake Kit for 1989 911

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 01:05 AM
mlwbcolorado
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice needed on TRE Brake Kit for 1989 911

I have a 1989 911 with 15" wheels. It is a dedicated track car that I run in NASA GTS. I am looking to upgrade the stock brakes to the TRE Boxster Brake Kit. If you have experience with this kit;
1.) How was the installation?
2.) How was the performance after the installation? Love to know the good and the bad. Any issues with cooling or cracking of the rotors?
3.) There is a choice on rotors when you purchase the kit. Which rotor do you recommend - Brembo or Zimmermann?
I appreciate your help on this!
Old 05-06-2011, 07:07 AM
wildcat077
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

I had a Boxster setup that i planned to install on my 89 but went with the 996TT brakes instead.I had purchased the adaptor kit from TRE and the fit and quality of the parts was second to none.

Dave recommended the Porterfield pads,which i also purchased at the time and as far as cooling for the rotors i would recommend you install the 993 brake cooling ducts which mount on to your front arms as well as the rotor blockoff plate which will direct the cool air on the heart of your discs and not right through them. Use a good grade of brake fluid,it will save you some bleeding time after your sessions ...
TRE are good people to work with !!!

There's all kinds of pros and cons on the Pelican forum,but in general most people were satisfied with the performance !

Cheers!
Phil

Quick Reply: Advice needed on TRE Brake Kit for 1989 911