Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Was this a Special "Package" 911?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 12:35 PM
Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Was this a Special "Package" 911?

I just happened across an 86 911 Carrera in white, with factory f/r spoilers, white-centered Fuchs, (I think 7s and 8s) and Euro lights. Owner says these are all listed on his option code.

I've seen a few similarly equipped Carreras over the years. Was this a special package of some sort?
Old 04-22-2011, 01:07 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

If you get the VIN, I can pull up the option codes via PET.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:41 PM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Might have been a special order.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:08 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

The white Fuchs were a common option on white cars. I only notice Euro markers on Euro cars, I think, so that may be rare. Don't know if it is special or something that adds value.

Spoilers were availble readily.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:12 AM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

My Targa has White Fuchs and came with the front spoiler. When I bought it there was an Euro foglamp on the rear but it was clearly added aftermarket..... It was immediately removed.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:12 AM
Adams
Rennlist Member

You guys are great. Thanks for the input.

In a somewhat abrupt state, I went to look at the car (was for sale) and bought it. 'Twas a Tourist delivery car, picked up and driven, then shipped to USA port at end of vacation. Probably a darn fun trip.

Has a Certificate of Authenticity that gives the options, but no 'package' listed, so I musta made that up. Grand Prix white, black leather, white 7s and 8s, GT2 radio, raised hub, sport shocks, power d. seat, sunroof, cassette storage system (odd panel in front of shifter), F & R spoilers, black headliner. Pretty good equipment.

Full notebook of history. Seems to have an appetite for batteries. A partial clue: it was later equipped with an Ungo box which will be Nogo as soon as I can get the car into the dealer for service. Needs valves set, general service, may as well do what I did for the Targa and drop the motor, all that.

So, it looks like I have two of these lovelies for the moment. Not sure what I'll do with the coupe til I see it and sort it somewhat. I was fortunate to find it so nearby, not many in my area.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:31 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

Congrats. It sounds like a list of nice options by the original owner. And to know it traversed the roads in Europe is pretty cool in my book.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Adams
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Congrats. It sounds like a list of nice options by the original owner. And to know it traversed the roads in Europe is pretty cool in my book.
Thanks Ed.

I agree; I went to the factory once, and thought "Tourist delivery would be the coolest thing in the world."

Just got the car today, dropped it off at the dealership. The thing looks better than I remembered! Couple of the salesfolks came out to look at this 'old' Porsche.

Gonna be a fun project.

Quick Reply: Was this a Special "Package" 911?