Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Boxter wheels on a Carrera

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 07:00 AM
Christian K
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I´d say black is commin' back. Just as white cars will be in fashion soon again and silver cars will look dated etc, etc. It is better to stick to the original design and not try to adapt your beatiful, classic looking vehicle into the latest trend all the time. In my opinion an 80's 911 looks a lot better with the original fuchs wheels, which was designed for the car.

/c
Old 10-29-2002, 12:59 PM
RANDY P
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Agreed.

It's a PITA to dump $$$ into rims that look dated in a few years. Remember the BBS mesh / Epsilon, etc. etc? I know you can change them, but I hate having to keep the investment up. IMHO only Kinesis / Fiske(while they're still in vogue), and 17 & 16" Fuchs look good on flared cars. Later model rims on the cars look goofy to me with the high positive offset / pregnant belly look. 911 to me means deep rim.

Just an opinion.

rjp
Old 10-29-2002, 01:09 PM
cmoss

There are some nice aftermarket wheels that fit the early offsets. Azev makes a number of wheels. Fuchs can be polished, and made into 17" rims (dicey...). I've heard that spacers can be hard on various parts of the suspension, so I'd look for wheels with the right offsets. BTW Do what you want, hey--it's your car. But no matter what, save the original Fuchs. You'll want the option to return to a stock look.
Cheers,
Chris
Old 10-29-2002, 02:25 PM
Mark Wilson..
Track Day

Definition of rim:

To perform anilingus on.

Definition of wheel:

A solid disk or a rigid circular ring connected by spokes to a hub, designed to turn around an axle passed through the center.
Old 10-29-2002, 06:13 PM
gerry100
Pro

I'd stick with the original Fuchs, not only do they look like they belong but I think that the money spent on wheels which are basically a cosmetic change could be better spent on performance upgrades.

Besides any money spent on changing the stock appearance is never recovered at resale no matter how hard you wish.

Quick Reply: Boxter wheels on a Carrera