Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

It's back - MD/DC/VA/WV/PA/DE "Meet and Drive" 4/17/11 Rockville Starbucks 10am :o)

Old 03-26-2011, 12:41 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 851 Likes on 434 Posts
Default It's back - MD/DC/VA/WV/PA/DE "Meet and Drive" 4/17/11 Rockville Starbucks 10am :o)

(An invite from the 993 forum... Hope to see some of you there!)

It's been about 5 months since our last local "Meet and Drive" and folks have been asking... so the next one will be on 4/17/11 at 10am at the usual spot, the Rockville, MD Starbucks at the corner of Rockville Pike and Old Georgetown Rd in front of the Toys R Us. (11802 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852). Sorry if that date doesn't work for some of you - it's tough to pick one that everyone can make.

What is a "Meet and Drive"? We usually meet and chat in the parking lot starting at 10am till 11:20 or so, then take a spirited 1 hr drive to a lunch spot somewhere in the area. The lunch spot this time will be the new "Urban BBQ Company" at 805 Old Sandy Spring RD - Sandy Spring, MD. - (301) 570-3663. They have great options for vegetarians, as well.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/urban-bar-b-...y-sandy-spring

You can show up for the "Meet" only, or do the "Meet and Drive" and not the lunch, or do all 3.

Please let me know if you're coming so we can get a tentative idea of the turnout. The restaurant doesn't take reservations but I was told that at 1230pm on a Sunday we should have no problem with us all getting tables quickly.

Steve R

Reviews: 11/28/10 I have only come here for takeout and catering, but this weekend we decided to grab a table and eat in. The dining area makes the Olney location unique from Rockville and Silver Spring, where you just order at the counter and serve yourself. When I walk into restaurants and see primarily teens waiting tables I prepare myself for mediocre or bad service. However Olney Urban BBQ really impressed me. Not only was my server extremely friendly and attentive, but I noticed that many of the servers were taking pride in their work and seemed to enjoy working there. I will keep coming back, not only for the great food but also the great staff!

1/29/10 Fantastic barbeque and burgers. We're lucky to have this in Sandy Spring.

6/14/10 I have stopped attempting to make brisket after ubq did it so well. The sides distinguish a Bbq joint. Ubq has great beans.

10/25/10 We stopped to eat here since a friend had noticed it a few days before while driving by. The atmosphere is everything you'd expect. I got the 2 meat platter (chicken and brisket) which came with a side (mac n cheese) and finished it off with a Dominion Root Beer. I was excited to see that the root beer DID come out of a tap, instead of the soda machine. We sat outside on some newly installed picnic benches to eat in the early evening sun. I'm not frequently in Olney, but if I were, I'd make this a regular spot. Good food, staff that remember your name, outdoor seating, and a nice bar area too.

2/4/11 So delicious! Everything is reasonably priced with generous portions. Excellent BBQ flavors and I loved that they had the different styles of BBQ sauce at the table. They have a ton of micro-breweries on tap which was a pleasant surprise! The sides where fresh and just the right size. Our waitress was so nice and personable which totally made our experience that much better! The overall appearance and feel of the restaurant is laid-back but fun! Has the potential to be a regular spot!

Old 04-04-2011, 11:27 PM
ziscovici86
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey fellow rennlisters i cant describe my surprise at finding out this is meeting and greeting blocks from my house! and thanks to a reasonably adequate compensation after getting rear ended by a fedex truck i think i can actually realize my aircooled porsche dreams. unfortunately ive never really gotten much of a chance to experience these cars as more then just an admiring bystander. Would anyone be willing to let me ride with them down to the lunch spot to actually feel what the cars are like from the passenger seat at least? Im hoping to get a 930 within the next year but id be very grateful to get a ride in any aircooled porsche. In return for letting me affect the power to weight ratio for an afternoon id pay for lunch! do you think that somebody might be willing to help me out with a ridealong?
Old 04-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 851 Likes on 434 Posts

Good news... from weather.com

Sun
Apr 17

Partly Sunny
63° High
46° Low

See you soon!
Steve

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: It's back - MD/DC/VA/WV/PA/DE "Meet and Drive" 4/17/11 Rockville Starbucks 10am :o)