Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

1975 911S - Barney

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 08:49 PM
privatepang
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1975 911S - Barney

Well thought after many years of JDM car ownership, thought i'd try something different. I've finally entered porsche ownership. Been wanting a 964 turbo/930 for a long time. Cant really afford one now so decided to get a 911s.

Hmmm story... well my mechanic has had it sitting in his garage for 4 years. Needs a bit of work to get it running but othewise body is in great shape. Engine has had a rebuild many years ago with all the upgrades done to make up for the shortfalls of the notorious 2.7 engine.

Plans to restore it to original. Fuchs are in awesome condition, exterior is in good condition, interior needs work.

Its sitting at the mechanics now but these are a few pics taken when we went to look @ it!

If any vancouverites are on the forums, be awesome to meet some of you. Very new to the world of 911s and keen to learn as much as I can.

Only 5 digits on the odo.

Shoddy door that needs a few bits replaced

Anyone know what steering wheel this is?

Still has original radio!

Last edited by privatepang; 10-25-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:39 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like a fun car. Door pockets are easily replaced. The wheel looks like it might be a Fittipaldi E3 by Personal, or a Momo. Can't tell from that angle.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:29 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

Congrats! I think Aubergine is my favorite 911 color.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:20 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah, I think that steering wheel is a Personal. Though Momo had one very similar, and I had one on one of my cars decades ago.

Detail that thing out in best Victory Tradition (referring to other thread), and enjoy! Not too many unmolested 2.7L cars still around.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:47 AM
privatepang
Advanced

Ah ok
Well i quite like the wheel. At least if it is a momo , doesnt have it in bright yellow.

Victory tradition.. i'll look that up
Old 03-11-2011, 02:11 AM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice! Congrats!

Always loved 911s in that color. Can't wait to see what it looks like polished up.

Phil
Old 03-11-2011, 08:37 AM
Helios59
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 37 Posts

Congrats! I'd love to have one of those '70s high-revving S cars.

Here's a '75 from a recent get-together. This one has the so-called "cookie cutter" wheels..the owner's had it for 28 years.

Good luck with your ownership experience.

Oh, and as for "Victory tradition" - we're having a little fun with you here. Victory Motorcars in Houston has a reputation for selling less than perfect cars...but on their web site they detail them to within an inch of their lives. So, he means...polish that sucker up!
Attached Images  
Old 03-11-2011, 10:13 AM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very nice. Eggplant, oxblood...whatever you call it is unique. High revving is a good way of putting it, I love a 2.7 in proper tune. "Mid year" car will have their day yet.
Would you care to post a ballpark price paid? I'm curious, because I am after a similar car; sitting with properly rebuilt motor, rust free, all original, needs sorting to get it running well, etc.
Regardless...you are in for some fun.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Willie Bosch
Intermediate

Originally Posted by privatepang
Ah ok
Well i quite like the wheel. At least if it is a momo , doesnt have it in bright yellow.

Victory tradition.. i'll look that up
Congrats she looks beautiful.

It breaks my heart to see a 911 in dust under u pile of stuff. but i am glad to see her out and getting attended to.

I love my 2.7 even though no one likes a 2.7. It pulls a lot better than what I expected. never knew they where that powerful
can not wait to own a coupe as well

Can't wait to see her polished too
Old 03-11-2011, 02:57 PM
privatepang
Advanced

Originally Posted by Willie Bosch
Congrats she looks beautiful.

It breaks my heart to see a 911 in dust under u pile of stuff. but i am glad to see her out and getting attended to.

I love my 2.7 even though no one likes a 2.7. It pulls a lot better than what I expected. never knew they where that powerful
can not wait to own a coupe as well

Can't wait to see her polished too
Yeah when I try to look up the mid 70's 911s' it seems majority of them are targas not coupes.

I was pretty shocked when i saw it at first but i rather it be in there dry than outside rusting away

Cant wait to drive her, i've been trying to look up youtube for running 2.7s and they do sound awesome.

Polish and wax will be first order of business once shes running !
Old 03-11-2011, 02:58 PM
privatepang
Advanced

Originally Posted by Helios59
Congrats! I'd love to have one of those '70s high-revving S cars.

Here's a '75 from a recent get-together. This one has the so-called "cookie cutter" wheels..the owner's had it for 28 years.

Good luck with your ownership experience.

Oh, and as for "Victory tradition" - we're having a little fun with you here. Victory Motorcars in Houston has a reputation for selling less than perfect cars...but on their web site they detail them to within an inch of their lives. So, he means...polish that sucker up!
Haha ok good to know what that means.

Yeah i've seen these wheels on many a 911s. Were they an option? I much prefer my fuchs but each to their own.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:05 PM
privatepang
Advanced

Also does anyone know if its standard not to have a mirror on the passenger side? I only just noticed that mine didnt come with one and neither does that blue one above?
Old 03-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

They were an option in the old days.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:53 PM
wpriller
Burning Brakes

Congratulations and welcome to Club 75, I've owned my 75 going on 31yrs.
Enyoy and have fun putting it back together.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:43 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Wow. What a beauty. Thank you for sharing with us. My dream car would be a Aubergrine 911S. Would love to get it one day when my funds allow me to do so (which would probably be never) ... pending approval of my personal advisor aka Ed Hughes. Just love the layout of the interior..the dash, the steering wheel. Never heard the engine or driven one so can't comment on that. May be whalebird will eventually find one and pass it along to me when the time comes. I will pay asking price (or more for all the TLC that I know he will shower on that car of his). My only fear with the pre-SC/3.2 cars is if that I have read that ownership of the cars is frought with aggravation due to running costs/repairs. Tell me that it is not true.

Quick Reply: 1975 911S - Barney