Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Sub Woofer Speaker Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 04:54 PM
RichKenny
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sub Woofer Speaker Suggestions

Does anyone have any suggestions for a sub-woofer setup for a 86 Carrera ? My sound system sounds great except its missing a little of the sub frequencies. I've looked at Rod's(Audio Innovations web site) application but feel this is much more than I really need due to the compromise of space.

Regional Note:
If there is anyone in the Atlanta, GA area that has "anything" installed, I'd be interested in seeing first hand the way it looks.

RichKenny
86' Carrera
Old 03-07-2003, 06:00 PM
Targa Dude
7th Gear

Have you seen the Infinity X Link? Sub Woofer
I have one installed in the front compartment and it kicks butt.. I have a Targa with it installed I still have plenty of room for my foldable top and more.

Jorge
Old 03-07-2003, 11:51 PM
kyle robert moore
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i too had the same dilemma.....i ordered a crutchfield catalog and found a product called a WOOX. its an amp and sub in one that fits behind the seat on the floor....

check it out..

kyle
Old 03-08-2003, 02:49 AM
RANDY P
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
unless you're requiring the seat all the way back, Rod's setup clears well. I get all adjustment except for the last notch. Not even noticable unless you're looking for it. Much cleaner than having a prefab enclosure floating about behind the seat..

rjp
Old 03-08-2003, 10:29 AM
jlkline
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a 6 inch bass cannon bungee mounted in the luggage compartment, pointed at the cabin and driven with 2 channels from my 4 channel amp using 50W per channel. All the bass I ever need for my Targa, and I really like bass. The cannon can also be quickly removed when I need more trunk space for hauling sofas :-)

No room for the Birch set up in the rear due to growing child and her growing friends.
Old 03-10-2003, 01:51 PM
Sam King
2nd Gear

I have an 8" JL Audio sub mounted under each of the front seats. It is a little custom but really simple to do. It is totaly stealth and never in the way. Both seats work exactly the same as nothing under them. I have my Alpine 5 channel amp mounted in the trunk on the front of the HVAC unit.
Everybody that gets in for a ride asks where the sub box is--I jokingly say it is all door and rear shelf speakers.
Old 03-10-2003, 02:14 PM
RichKenny
6th Gear

Hey Sam,

Do you happen to have any pictures of your install ? How do you have them mounted/secured ? Do you think I could get away with one JL Audio sub ? Also, did you build the boxes ?

Thanks,
Rich Kenny
Old 03-10-2003, 08:24 PM
Richard Pankhurst
Addict
Rennlist Member

On my '87 Targa I had a Bazooka sub woofer mounted on the shock tower brace with the included straps. It was powered by a 300 watt amp under the passenger seat. I understand that Bazooka has powered versions too. The best part of this setup was that the speaker was easily removable for the track.
Old 03-11-2003, 12:22 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

i own a stereo shop and the jl under the seat is the most practical way to put a sub in that car without losing any space. The only negitive is you will have to have a shop build the box for the woofer and have it made to a secific box volume. As far as do you need 2. It depends on how much basss you want. I am building a 10,000 to 15,000 system in my 911sc cab and hope to have it done in 2 months. I will post pictures when it is done.
Old 03-11-2003, 02:19 PM
Teutonics
Intermediate

I have an 8" powered Bazooka behind the passenger seat, fits fairly well. If they make a 6", it should be more than enough for a 911 (the 8" ROCKS, almost too much for me). I installed it with quick disconnects so everything comes out quickly for driving events.

I'm in ATL if you'd like to check it out sometime. I'm planning on going to the 3/23 PCA autox at Turner field if you want to see/listen there. Send me a PM if you're interested in seeing it.

Quick Reply: Sub Woofer Speaker Suggestions