Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Front Chin Spoiler Installation Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 09:38 AM
chuck bernstein
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Front Chin Spoiler Installation Instructions

I just bought a front chin spoiler for my 87' Cab on E-bay from Partwerks in Chicago. It didn't come with instructions.
Can someone kindly please e-mail me at (CBERNSTEIN@LADASPARRY.com)or fax to me at 212-974-3352 if you have them readily available.

Thank you. chuck
Old 03-07-2003, 12:32 PM
alex'87cabriolet
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Chuck,
I'm at work so I don't have it in front of me but a recent issue of Excellence magazine has a detailed article on installing the front spoiler which I used to do the job. Basically you make cardboard templates of the rubber spoiler ends and match the template to the side of the lower valence on the car and mark and drill the holes for the screws. Jack up the front end of the car and place on jack stands. The bar protecting the ac condensor should be removed first (through the inside of the trunk)and then you can drill holes for the remaining screws that go into the bottom rim of the valence. You may want to paint the drilled holes to prevent rust. Also helpful are vise-grips to hold the spoiler to the valence as you are drilling. The brackets that hold the spoiler to the valence are adjustible because they have oval holes so you can adjust the spoiler just right. Be sure not to over-tighten the bolts holding the spoiler to the valence as this will cause a rippled look to the spoiler. Good Luck.

Alex J.
1987 Carrera Cab.
Old 03-07-2003, 02:12 PM
emcon5
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is a detailed description in 101 projects.
<a href="http://www.101projects.com/" target="_blank">http://www.101projects.com/</a>

Tom

Quick Reply: Front Chin Spoiler Installation Instructions