Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Just met a gorgeous 36k mile 2.7 RS Touring

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 11:10 PM
Brian 96C2
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice collection of 964RS cars you have. Sure wish I could add one to the garage here in the States.

I am afraid much of what you have written about sunroofs for the RS is incorrect. Early 911 coupes were never 'sunroof delete', because this was always an option and not standard. At some point much later (some point in the 80's I think) a sunroof became standard in the 911. Once a sunroof was standard a customer could, in most cases, request a sunroof delete for his/her coupe.

If you look at the list of RS chassis at the end of the Carrera RS book you will see many of the 1000 homologation cars were ordered with a sunroof. This was an option available to every RS (M471 and 472). Only the RSR model never came with a sunroof.

My RS is #451 and has a sunroof. Here is a copy of the production and conversion order for my car. First it was produced as a homologation special (right hand side of the document) and then converted to M472 specs with the options of sport seats right & left, a left side antenna with loudspeaker, and a sunroof.

Check it out.
Attached Images  
Old 01-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Barty964rst
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi there, I certainly wasn't suggesting the two 2.7 RS variants were not availalble with a sunroof. Only that you could specify a sunroof as an option.
I too have the RS Carrera book and was surprised at the number of people that took the option to have.
I also have a sunroof on my RS 964 which is factory specified and a little rarer than the 2.7 RS
Would love to get an early RS one day, enjoy!!!
Sorry if I confused the post

Quick Reply: Just met a gorgeous 36k mile 2.7 RS Touring