Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Relocation of Fuel Pump

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2002, 09:38 PM
tgates
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Relocation of Fuel Pump

I just purchased a 1974 911 w/ 2.7 CIS engine. I had new front and rear sways bars installed along with some other suspension components. Installing the rear sways required the removal of the factory fuel pump bracket. I'm in the process of relocating the fuel pump to the front of the car and here's my plan. I would appreciate any and all feedback and comments on this plan:

1) At the rear, take the original fuel feed line and attach it to the original pump output line. The fuel input to the pump connects to the line that the pump output originally connected to.

2) Attach the fuel pump under the steering gear and front reinforcing crossmember.

3) Take the original line from the gas tank and connect it to the fuel pump input. Take the fuel pump output line and attach it to the original tank line that goes to the rear of the car.

4) Wire the fuel pump off of the original wiring from the rear of the car, running the wires from rear to front.

My biggest concerns are the location of the pump and attaching the larger original input fuel line to the smaller original pump output line.

Thanks Terry

Quick Reply: Relocation of Fuel Pump