Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Purchase loan

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 02:57 PM
sobamaflyer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have been given the right directions above, I would add though that if your preferred credit union balks at an "old car loan" they may be willing to give you a personal signature loan.

Thankfully I had cash in hand for my 911 but I did purchase a '92 Lexus SC400 for my wife a couple years ago in the manner above, got a 3 year loan I paid off in about 9 months.

Good luck w/ the search The right one speaks to you
Old 12-11-2010, 12:47 AM
Tango635
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another option, again through a credit union, is a signature loan, where they basically loan you the money for what every you want all based on your credit score. It probably helps to have an account with them, and the more positive history, the better.

I got such a loan to help me purchase my car. Again, the advise to buy a car for cash, or really even a house ( I know a person that did that) is the best financial advise. I wish I had done that more throughout my life, it really makes you get the most of your money and helps you focus on what you really want or need.

But hey, you only live once and I wanted to get my 911 before I went bald. I barely made it, I think. Getting really thin up there.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Tango635
Again, the advise to buy a car for cash, or really even a house ( I know a person that did that) is the best financial advise. I wish I had done that more throughout my life, it really makes you get the most of your money and helps you focus on what you really want or need.

That really is the best advise, the part about wishing you'd done this sooner. I too used to have house, car, boat loans, you name it. I used to figure I made a good living, I could afford the payments. Living debt free allows one to accumulate money exponentially faster, IMO.

Quick Reply: Purchase loan