Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

LOST Parcel, what do I do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2001, 11:02 PM
davis911s
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post LOST Parcel, what do I do?

Hi I sold an engine lid on ebay to a guy and after payment was sent I mailed him couriered him the parcel through UPS

Anyways they lost it, we have tracking numbers and everything but they can't find it. They say they may not claim it as it was not from a business ( YES IT WAS INSURED) I sent in my claim but haven't heard back yet, but this guy is really wanting his money back now. What do you guys think is the right thing to do in this situation? It is not his fault nor mine in any way.

All suggestions appreciated.

Shawn
Old 06-15-2001, 11:15 PM
Greg-slant/cab
Advanced

I recently purchased something on EBAY and it was damaged by UPS. The seller refunded my money and he put in a claim and recieved his money. I do know as the seller you have to file the claim. Bottem line is they lost the item they should pay. They are probably stalling for time hoping it will show up. I would be persistant with UPS not take NO for an answer and demand payment. Keep asking for a supervisor until you get results.
Old 06-16-2001, 02:19 PM
Steve
Cruisin'

I own an UPS Authorized Shipping Outlet, if you give me the tracking number i'll see if i can help.
Old 06-16-2001, 04:09 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Refund the purchaser's money. For whatever reason, he has not received the piece thus, responsibility for loss never transferred to the buyer. Under the circumstances, you can't keep his dough.

I recently sold a Dansk sport muffler which I represented to be in perfect condition. I even went so far as to tell the buyer that if the part was not as I had represented, he could send it back to me for a full refund. I would not deposit his check until he emailed me with his "okay". He received the muffler and liked it. More importantly, I now have a new friend (I've come to learn that you can never have too many friends).

Should UPS locate the part and your buyer is still interested, then you can redo your transaction. If the part stays lost, you'll get your money anyway.

Richard.
Old 06-16-2001, 09:06 PM
Paul H
Advanced

Talking

Refund the money and go after UPS. It will take a while but they will eventually refund your money. Have the purchaser supply a statement confirming the value and the fact that he never received the item.

Don't be surprised if it gets delivered next week.
Old 06-17-2001, 10:20 PM
davis911s
Instructor

I have every intention of paying the buyer his money, I was just wondering if it is supposed to be done, before the claim is settled or after?

I am just going to issue him a cheque and then fight with the incompetent UPS people.

Steve the tracking # is W603 258 205 9, it cofuses me how they can lose a box containing a Porsche engine lid????? This makes me mad, especially since UPS is delaying everything and saying that the insurance isn't good since I am not a business. They sure didn't mind taking the money for the insurance. I am also stupid and didn't insure it for enough, does UPS only pay what insurance you buy or what I lost if I can prove it to them?

Shawn

Quick Reply: LOST Parcel, what do I do?