Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Trade your 911 for Turbo Mini Cooper/ Purchasing Advice for 911?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 03:55 AM
HamiltonSeth
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trade your 911 for Turbo Mini Cooper/ Purchasing Advice for 911?

Hello everyone.
I have been driving a friend's 1978 930 here and there and I have been completely spoiled! I am looking to purchase a 70s-80s 911, preference is a 3.2, but thought I would post on here to see if anyone was interested in a possible trade. I have a very nice 2007 Mini Cooper S for sale at $17,900. If anyone is interested in a trade please let me know. Craigslist posting for the Mini is here:
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/1986807388.html

Please let me know if you are interested.

Sorry if this was a bit-off topic, but I do have an on-topic question:
I am aiming to find a 911 that is mechanically sound but needs interior and paint. I would like to find one with under 100k mi. At about what mileage could I expect to rebuild a motor, transmission, and clutch? I don't mind smaller maintenance (<$1,000) a year. But, I would hate to be driving a 911 for only a few months then need to rebuild it. I should mention, I am looking for a semi-daily driver. I own a harley as well, so I could survive if the 911 needed to be in the shop for a few days here and there. Ideally an 3.2 911 with not too many miles in the sub $12k range would be awesome, leaving me the extra $ to fix up aesthetics. Am I dreaming here? What could I expect to pay to keep the thing driving well? Thank you all for your help!
-Seth

Quick Reply: Trade your 911 for Turbo Mini Cooper/ Purchasing Advice for 911?