Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

911 stalled while driving

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 10:45 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,140 Likes on 814 Posts

.. here is what i would do .. just because I am like that ..... order two .. put one in right away .. put one in your glove box .. take the old on in your basement , put it in your vice and crack it open and do an autopsy to see if you see a smoking gun .. if it is all coroded in there you will have peace of mind .
Old 09-30-2010, 11:29 AM
jsabatini
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
.. here is what i would do .. just because I am like that ..... order two .. put one in right away .. put one in your glove box .. take the old on in your basement , put it in your vice and crack it open and do an autopsy to see if you see a smoking gun .. if it is all coroded in there you will have peace of mind .
Thanks, now you guys tell me, I already ordered one, should have ordered two. Will order another one and then it will never be needed.

Did check the tool kit last night, found some fuses I did not know where in there, also found a red round relay but no DME relay. With the seat all the way back looks pretty easy to get the DME relay out and replaced.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:31 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,140 Likes on 814 Posts

ahem .... read post 10 again ...

replace it and get another as a spare ...
Old 09-30-2010, 11:41 AM
jsabatini
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
ahem .... read post 10 again ...

replace it and get another as a spare ...
OK post 10 came after post 8 where I posted I just ordered the DME Relay, next time you need to repond faster.

Another question, reading Pelican Parts catolog about the various relays it says you should check the relays to make sure they are functioning properly.

Before you decide to replace your fuel pump, make sure that your Red fuel pump relay, which is located on the relay board within the front trunk area, is functioning properly. Also be sure to check that your DME relay, 911 (1984-89), is functioning properly.
Is there a way to test these things with a volt meter or something?

Quick Reply: 911 stalled while driving