Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

decel valve ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 06:04 PM
aquabat911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question decel valve ?

Hi guys, I am in the midst of replacing the gasket on my breather plate and the various seals and O-rings in the same vicinity. I am doing this the hard way, I removed the ENTIRE fuel injection system since i have been going to replace the boots between the airbox and intake runners anyway.
My question is, do I really need all the plumbing for the deceleration valve. As near as i can figure there is about three feet of aluminum pipe and rubber hose associated with it, not to mention two flying saucers and one big rectangular hunk of aluminum attached to one of the intake runners. I haven't had the thing connected in years and its just taking up space. I know that the flying saucer with the nipple for the vacuum tubing is the actual decel valve(right?) the other flying saucer seems to be some sort of diaghram check valve? And for the life of me I cant tell you what the part on the intake runner is. Can someone help me out with this. My plan is to plug all the wholes and remove the excess stuff(space and weight)
Would someone like to help me out with ideas and maybe explanations, thanks guys,
Old 03-01-2003, 06:24 PM
aquabat911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK its not the decel valve its actualy the auxilary air vavle, but the same question applies do i realy need all that stuff? Is my engine going to run incredibly rich on start up with it all removed? thanks again,

Quick Reply: decel valve ?