Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Ruby goes through an identity crisis

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 04:17 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Ruby goes through an identity crisis

We're finally cranking up our "fun run" group after several months of inactivity. Some of us decided to go Cars and Coffee Hopping today, starting at the Monthly Carlsbad Outlet event, and finishing up at the new weekly "Secret Car Club" in Rancho Santa Fe.

The problem was it was a bunch of Ferraris and Ruby! At least it was a red group for our first leg. An Enzo, and F40 and a 430, and an NSX too. We then picked up two 355's. We're going to assault the mountain tomorrow morning, and I have it on good authority, there will be some more P-cars in attendance.

This is a great group though, and don't cast any aspersions at having an 80's 911 run along with them. I do think Ruby holds her own unless we hit the long straights where the big hardware can push past 150. Kinda cool for me to see this stuff in front or in the rear view mirror. We hit one large underpass where everyone got on it-what a symphony!
Attached Images                
Old 06-26-2010, 04:45 PM
2specs
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, great shots. I think the odd ones out are the blue and black F's. Everything else is reddish.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:50 PM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice pics. The headlights(ruby) stand out nicely (Icon thread).
I remember a auto journalist describing the VW Corrado in the late 80s era of desighn " A melting candybar amongst origami". Lots of angles arund Ruby.
Sweet thanks for sharing.

There are a few of our chapter members here in the mountains for the summer, A couple of guys with 996s and one really hot 968 cab. They seem to go everywhere together and pass in front of my house and business a couple of times a day. I may join them this evening after a local cruise-in. Some much needed fun for me. So, Ed, have fun tomorrow at Palamar(sp). The big hardware is great on the interstate, but I suspect Ruby will have a little(lot) something for them on the assault.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:57 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

oof! Nice shots! Very interesting group, and whatever the big hardware is good at doing, I'm sure it's very good.

Quick Reply: Ruby goes through an identity crisis