Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Weber question

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2002, 11:44 PM
WBYonder
Drifting

Received 86 Likes on 68 Posts
Question Weber question

I am buying a pair of Weber 40 IDA's that are coming off of a 1970 2.2 L engine. Will I be able to put the 2.2 L manifolds on my '83 SC 3.0L engine or will need to get other manifolds (e.g. PMO) to make this work? If I need other manifolds, what is recommended and where are recommended sources?

TIA,

Rob Yasek
Old 08-14-2002, 12:27 AM
A Quiet Boom
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, the problem you'll have is that the 3.0 intake ports have reliefs for the injectors, if you use just a stock gasket it will leak because there is not enough sealing surface. I made spacers myself and used 2 gaskets, one on top and one below the spacer. This worked fine but when I went to my local Porsche dealer for some linkage and other parts he mentioned using the original stock setup which includes 2 gaskets per cylinder as well as insulators in between. Since I wasn't overly happy with the spacers I made I switched to the stock parts. I haven't noticed any problems yet but I've only had the car running a week or so. BTW I installed Zeniths with 36mm Venturis and drilled main and idle jets. Performance is excellent even though I'm still dialing it in.

If I remember, I'll post the part numbers you'll need tomorrow. It's my understanding that the Zenith and Weber manifolds are the same on the early cars.

Quick Reply: Weber question