Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

86 911 Interior colors

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 06:15 PM
pete124370
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 86 911 Interior colors

Background: Purchased 911 Yellow Cabriolet M491 in Dec. 07. No previous records. Mistake. But had PPI - has turned out OK. The Orig. Color was Iris Blue Mettallic - Exterior and Blue interior. I had car painted Gurards Red in Dec. 09. Obviously not trying to restore to original colors.
Question: I am re doing the interior. I prefer tan leather seats, my wife likes black. We live in Florida. I am having everything in interior other than the carpet dyed black. Carpet will be black. I have been told, that if I do tan leather that I should have leather on doors be tan. I disagree. If you have a guards red car, would you please forward to me your color scheme and or pictures, - thank you very much.
Basic options offered to me regarding my interior are:
All Black
Tan Leather seats - with or without tan leather on doors
black leather seats with tan inserts
I would appreciate either constructive suggests and or pictures.
Thanks,
Pete
Old 04-16-2010, 06:23 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,119 Likes on 801 Posts

black leather with Tan inserts sounds sharp .Would keeping the tan from looking wethered in the florida sun be an issue ?
Old 04-17-2010, 07:33 AM
ricster
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have to side with your wife. Black is easier and looks better with the red exterior.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Helios59
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 37 Posts

Black leather in Florida=heat.

That being said, if your wife likes black, then the issue's pretty much settled if you want to spend much time in your car.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:45 PM
pete124370
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 86 911 Interior colors

Reply to Helios 59

1. You car looks sharp - I am interested in knowing more about it. Especially the HP you have.
2. Florida heat is a concern due to black.
3. I would prefer tan, but am being told that if I do sets tan, I need to do the doors tan - ( leather portion of doors),
4. I can that you definitely know my wife. My wife will tell you that she has only made one mistake in her life, and thats me. She has told me that our marriage in on daily basis. We have only been married for forty two yrs, so maybe their is still hope for me.
5. If you are interested in Non turbo wide bodys, suggest you reveiw a British magazine - Total 911 Issue # 50 - regarding wide bodys.
Thanks for your imput.
Anyone who has a guards red exterior - I would love to see pictures on your interior esp. either black / tan or combo
Old 04-18-2010, 11:25 PM
Helios59
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 37 Posts

Hey Pete,

1) It's a German-market car with factory cat and lower-compression North American engine..so it only has 200 hp. My guess: sold to a U-S serviceman or someone who knew he was going back to the States. It was imported into Miami in '86. It lived in Florida until about 2006 when it went to North Carolina; I bought it last May and now it's in Maryland. It received a glass-out repaint a couple years ago...very good quality.

2) I've been married 21 years, so you know twice as much about women as I do!

3) I subscribe to Total 911, and as you might guess, issue number 50 is close to my heart.

That's one great-looking car in your avatar. Guards Red was the definitive 1980s color for Porsche. My records only go back to 1998, so you're not the only one to buy a car with an incomplete history. Still, they're ours now...I feel like I'm not just an owner but a caretaker. We gotta hold onto 'em!

Quick Reply: 86 911 Interior colors