Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Rennfax in Little Rock, AR. Can anybody help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 11:33 PM
Tango635
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rennfax in Little Rock, AR. Can anybody help?

Hey guys,

Well as i have mentioned in the the other thread, I pulled out of the deal for the Ruby coupe here in Houston. Was kinda bummed, but not too much, cuz a I found a nice one in AR.

I have made a preliminary deal to buy this car based on a PPI, but would really appreciate if someone could go and take a look and maybe even drive this car for me

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb

Thanks.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:21 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

We lived in Hot Springs and all our Porsche Friends were in Little Rock. Let me see if I can get one of them to check in here and help you. I think one of them is a Rennlister....

PS: Who is doing your PPI?
Old 04-10-2010, 09:28 AM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JoAnne pointed me to this thread.... Tango... I'm in Little Rock and may be able to swing by and check her out for you. I know where Corporate Motorcars is as well. I can't do it today (campout with my son's cub scout pack in a little bit), but if they are available, I may be able to meet them tomorrow or can certainly carve some time out Monday or Tuesday to sneak over there.

PM me with a bit more info... who you were talking to about it, anything in particular you are concerned about that I may be able to check, etc. I can take a camera and get good pics of anything in particular as well.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Tango635
Racer

Hey Joanne,

Thanks for the help!! I haven't contacted the shop yet, but I was planning on Perfection Plus. I was going to do a little more research to see if there was a better shop in Little Rock for these older cars. Can you recommend a shop?

Patrick, I really appreciate the helping hand! The plan is for me to go to AR next weekend.

Let's see, I'm just looking to get an opinion of the condition of the car, any obvious (low quality) bodywork/paint work, and does the engine pull strong. Any obvious mechanical issues? I was planning on driving this back to Houston so it needs to be in "daily driver" condition.

The dealer that owns it now said that the car was owned by a PCA member (and doctor) that was fanatical about maintaining the car. It was also owned by another doctor and an attorney (iirc), so i expect that the car should be in pretty good condition. I see that you've PMed me your phone, so I will call you later.

Thanks again Joanne and Patrick! May I remind everyone that this is a great place!

Last edited by Tango635; 04-10-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:54 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

No need for Thanks. Helping each other is what this community is about. That and occasionally ticking each other off too

Perfection Plus ~ Steve and Rick McPherson. The best in town.
Tell them JoAnne Trinkle sent you. That should make them think I know EVERYONE. lol
When it comes to the older cars, they know what to do. Matter of fact in the 80's and 90's Steve was considered one of the best Techs in the Southern Region by Porsche. When the Porsche Franchise in Little Rock closed up shop (Mercedes insisted on being a stand alone... bye bye Porsche), Steve became an independent. Rick is his son and a chip of the old block.

Thanks Patrick! I knew I could count on you
Old 04-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Andy Kay
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW...that's team work. Is it the south or Porsche people?
Old 04-10-2010, 08:11 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Both!

Hope it all works out for y'all.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:05 AM
Tango635
Racer

JoAnne, you're the Best!! I will call Perfection on Monday.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:40 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

I uploaded the pics I took to our shutterfly account and created a site to share them. http://89red911tango.shutterfly.com/pictures

You should be able to download them from that site and get closer looks.

Overall the car was very clean and appeared well taken care of. Interior was very nice. There is an amp in the trunk just underneath a strut brace that I didn't recall seeing mention of in the ad or description.

Below I'll embed them as well...

Passenger's side windshield frame... hard to see, but this is where it appears clearcoat has come off, leaving a bit of an edge.

Passenger's side rear quarter panel... small dent mainly visible with the right angle/light.

Driver's windshield frame... shows a couple of what look like clearcoat "bubbles" or separation from the undercoat. Also, I didn't notice it until I was looking at the blown up picture, but the large outlined area is a spot that looks either like the clearcoat had come off (similar to the passenger side) or it was painted over w/o smoothing out cracked paint. I didn't notice this in person or anywhere else on the car... I may have gotten so focused on getting the bubble in the picture that I missed it.

Driver's side headlight ring... paint looks like it's rubbed off on the top edge.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Tango635
Racer

Super job, thanks a million Patrick!! Proceeding with the PPI.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:46 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Good luck to you! Let me know if you come this way... drink is on me to celebrate.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:52 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Tango635
JoAnne, you're the Best!! I will call Perfection on Monday.
Could you please tell my Hubby Robert that??

Nice work Detective Patrick! Wish I could join you for that drink too...

HURRY UP HOME DEPOT!!!!
Old 04-12-2010, 04:58 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

I love helping out and giving back for all the help I've received over the years. I only hope I didn't miss something blatantly obvious, but she really did look like a clean car.

I agree... come on Home Depot!
Old 04-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Tango635
Racer

Well guys, I have scheduled the PPI with Steve at Perfection for Monday next week. Been saying daily prayers and got my fingers and toes crossed!!

Hmmmm. I don't get comment about Home Depot. Is there a bar in there??
Old 04-13-2010, 02:37 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Tango635
Well guys, I have scheduled the PPI with Steve at Perfection for Monday next week. Been saying daily prayers and got my fingers and toes crossed!!

Hmmmm. I don't get comment about Home Depot. Is there a bar in there??
My Hubby works for Home Depot and we are waiting for a new store to open so we can move back. We never should ahve left in the first place, but thought we were doing the right thing when we did. Oh well. Live and learn. We miss R Can Saw. Really...................

Next Monday? That's a long time to wait. GOOD LUCK!!!

Quick Reply: Rennfax in Little Rock, AR. Can anybody help?