Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Porsche Repair- Dayton OH

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Scout
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Repair- Dayton OH

Fairly new to the Dayton area and looking for repair help for my 89 911. Can anyone recommend an independent repair shop in the Dayton/Cinci area?

Specifically, I'm looking for someone who can troubleshoot an electrical problem- I have a "slow leak" that I can't chase down- am tired of pulling the ground cable when I shut the car down. The PO had some aftermarket stuff added- alarm, car phone, etc, and I think some of the wiring has been hot wired. Thanks
Old 04-07-2010, 01:52 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,119 Likes on 801 Posts

get yourself a meter Scout and fix it yourself. Any elextrical shop can probably fix this anyway.
get yourself a meter , set it on amps, disconnect the battery and hok the disconected lead to one side of the meter, hook the other side of the meter to the battery. Drain should be no more than about 15 ma maybe more with an alarm , my guess is the aftermarket alarm is causing it . But start pulling fuses and watch the meter. When you pull the right fuse the drain will drop drastically .. then you are on your way.
keep in mind it could be a bum batery or a bad diode in the alternator causing the drain . Anyway welcome aboard and post some pics of your car ..
Old 04-07-2010, 02:30 PM
sig_a
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scout
Fairly new to the Dayton area and looking for repair help for my 89 911. Can anyone recommend an independent repair shop in the Dayton/Cinci area?

Specifically, I'm looking for someone who can troubleshoot an electrical problem- I have a "slow leak" that I can't chase down- am tired of pulling the ground cable when I shut the car down. The PO had some aftermarket stuff added- alarm, car phone, etc, and I think some of the wiring has been hot wired. Thanks
-----------------

Call first to set appointment:

FARLER PERFORMANCE
1966 Shaker Rd
Franklin, OH 45005
513-932-1535

Perhaps you should join PCA Ohio Valley Region for $42 annual club dues. Get connected with about 700 Porsche owners/ members. Your Dayton Porsche Dealership can also give you some advise on repair procedure and estimate of cost. I think they're around Miamisburg.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:08 AM
PNine64
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I go to Euro Classics but I have heard good things about The Garaj too. Hope to see you around.

Quick Reply: Porsche Repair- Dayton OH