Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

PPI shops near Medford, NJ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 07:33 AM
floete
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPI shops near Medford, NJ?

Okay, guys, feel free to jump all over me, but I have found a super-sweet 912E at a super-sweet price, and if a PPI proves everything out, I am going to buy it, SCs be damned.

So, I'm needing some PPI recommendations for the Medford, NJ area. The car is currently under care at Brother to Brother, in Medford, so I don't really want to have it done there. Then there's I Service Imports, in Cherry Hill.

A search here on both shops, however, has turned up both okay-good comments and really bad comments.

Any thoughts on where to go? And, really, I don't want to be looking any further than 25 min away from Medford.

Thanks!

A little bit more about the car, if'n your interested: one owner its entire life, new paint, new interior, 80k miles on rebuilt stock engine, stock steel wheels (!), no sunroof, a/c (!!), no rust, well taken care of. Plus, and here's the beauty part: a friend of mine who knows the car has told me he will buy it from me if I get it and don't like it. Downside? I don't see no downside! (And, of course, I am well aware that those could be famous last words )

Thanks for any PPI thoughts you might have. (And any thoughts on the car itself, too, as long as they're not too flamey )

Last edited by floete; 07-07-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:11 AM
dave morris
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I think Dougherty is within your 25 mile limit.

Curious what year is the car? Is the front bumper original?
Old 04-07-2010, 09:27 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,119 Likes on 801 Posts

That is a sweet lookig car .... being into the mechanical end of the hobby I can't believe how easy those engines are to get at and work on .. you could put your picnic basket back there with the engine ..
Old 04-07-2010, 09:40 AM
floete
Instructor

25 min, not 25 miles -- unless of course 25 miles = 25 min. Even so, thanks, and I'll check it out. And, it's a 1976. And, AFAIK, the front bumper is original.

As to the picnic basket area:

Last edited by floete; 07-07-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:15 AM
floete
Instructor

Man, you had me a little worried with that 87k mile car. But then it's a targa and I'm not into targas.

Deliberation wrinkle gone. Whew!

BTW/ I've driven a couple of Es now, and I'm happy with the way they are. They fit my particular and maybe somewhat peculiar vision of P-car ownership. An SC would, too, of course. But this E is here, and I like everything about it (subject to a PPI, natch).

Quick Reply: PPI shops near Medford, NJ?