Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

SMOKE

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 03:05 PM
ironspiderblair
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation SMOKE

Hmmmm. I am having a little smoke problem ... lifting the lid reveals a tiny bit of smoke (ugh) and i suspect some leakage of course... however, i changed the oil fo rthe first time myself, and the levels all look good, and still look good. So i have to track downt he source, but i was wondering, how can i tell if i hav e aforn end oil cooler, if one was installed, would taht screw up my oil quanitities when i was changing it? Ugh ugh ugh...
Old 06-10-2002, 10:49 PM
ironspider
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sigh. I think i got the smoke problem. ever since i bought a car, the pressure switch has been toast. Either on or off..... then the oil light would intermittently come on along with the btake light (connected i hear .. same circuit)

Thus today, the oil drip has gotten worse. So a 3 dollar part? (indidetnally, the oil is dripping from the engine near the back of the engine, i am guessing its the oil pressure switch cause of the location) the Oil pressure switch i think? I have the 101 projects book, so i guess i need to know now what else i can do if they have to drop the engine...to save me work downt he road? the valve covers? When the engine or fuel injectors are moved...what else should i work on /replace? sigh

Quick Reply: SMOKE