Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

It's Alive

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 04:46 PM
911tracker85
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's Alive

I just fired up the 911 and took it for a run.

it has been on jack stands for over 2 months getting new Koni adjustable shocks, oil cooler fan, re-routed the brake cooling to the front valance (removed the fog lights), and swapped the old Autothority/MAF back to my stock AFM and Russell Berry's chip. and the normal brake fluid flush and new pads.

it has been a while since I had driven it, so hard to compare RB's chip to the autothority. but I was completely satisfied with how RB's chip performs, and think it is better than the old chip. I used the 93 octane map and it pulled hard and smooth all the way up. by putting the stock AFM back in and RB's chip, it fired right up and quickly settles to a smooth idle. I had come to suspect the autothority MAF hotwire had become contaminated. I had removed and cleaned with MAF cleaner, but it sill idled very rough and the air/fuel mix was lean at idle.

time to put the rest of the cage back in for track season. got a new set of Nitto NT01, so need to get to the shop to get them mounted and an alighment. I had intended to try to new Toyo R-888 but could not find them in my size. I also got a set of the Elephant Racing rear camber meister (or whatever they are called) to get a little more neg rear camber with the stock arms. anyone use them?

now I'll have more time to get back to work on the 928. current state of the engine refresh will be my avatar for a couple more weeks until I get the intake back on. I painted the spider with red caliper paint and got a new Porsche hood crest to go on top the plenum.

OVR/PCA MidOhio DE 4/16-18.

Quick Reply: It's Alive