Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Which air compressor should I purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 11:28 AM
bart1
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Note that the one I poseted above has a higher capacity than 15 gal, so that means more reserve. May take a bit longer to refill to the set pressure. That has been the only problem with my DeWalt - very small tank, so if you want to use an impact, you have to use it for a bit and then wait for the compressor.

You can search on here for Harbor Freight compressors, as I think they have been well spoken of.

A big 230V Ingersoll Rand would probably be best, but expensive. I really think that Craftsman is certainly among the best available for you.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:06 PM
SAM DACOSTA
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bart1
Note that the one I poseted above has a higher capacity than 15 gal, so that means more reserve. May take a bit longer to refill to the set pressure. That has been the only problem with my DeWalt - very small tank, so if you want to use an impact, you have to use it for a bit and then wait for the compressor.

You can search on here for Harbor Freight compressors, as I think they have been well spoken of.

A big 230V Ingersoll Rand would probably be best, but expensive. I really think that Craftsman is certainly among the best available for you.
I searched Harbor Freight last night and found this. Any thoughts?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=94667
Old 03-04-2010, 03:09 PM
SAM DACOSTA
Racer

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Mine's been fine.....but I don't use sanding tools or paint. It's fine for impact, ratchet, blow gun, etc.
Thanks for your input Ed. Just to clarify, are you saying that a unit like the one displayed below (I think same capacity as yours) can do the jobs I'm intended to do (wrenching and ratcheting, no sanding, no painting)?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=90234
Old 03-04-2010, 03:11 PM
SAM DACOSTA
Racer

Originally Posted by ricster
DONT GET A OILESS!! They are loud and die quickly..(ask me how I know..twice). I bought an Emglo unit 5 years ago and change the oil yearly and its whisper quiet and runs and runs...its 7cfm and I think I paid 1k
Thanks, Your input has definitely changed my mind about the 'oil less compressors.' The recommended party who mentioned 'oil less' was taking into account reduced noise (which did concern me but not at the risk of early failure.)

Quick Reply: Which air compressor should I purchase?