Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Idle problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 06:01 AM
eion
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For a Euro spec Carrera, CO level should be between 1% and 1.5%. Intake air temperature should be between 15° and 35°C.

When you adjust idle speed, you know that you have to shut off the 'idle volumetric control', right?
Old 05-21-2003, 06:17 AM
Eddie Hotrod
Advanced

Thanks eion, looks like I'm still too rich. I have been disconnecting the idle stabilizer when setting the idle, I just took the plug off the back of it. Should I also disconnect it when setting the CO?
Old 05-21-2003, 06:29 AM
eion
Instructor

OK, the approved way to bridge the 'idle volumetric control' is to bridge test jacks B and C with a bit of wire. The test socket is on the left side of the engine compartment on the central electric board, and it has three jacks - A is the on the top and towards the back of the car based on what I have here, but check this if possible.

The idle volumetric control doesn't have to be disabled when setting the CO, and probably shouldn't be.

Some other things about setting the CO...
- the engine should be at operating temperature
- apparently adjustments to the CO should be made as quickly as possible (gah, I *hate* being hurried when working on something like that!), because otherwise heat buildup in the intake ports will distort your CO values.
- set CO first, then set the idle.

Hope this helps
Old 05-23-2003, 05:14 AM
Eddie Hotrod
Advanced

Latest news, I replaced my air filter (looked old and grubby) and reset my CO and the car is much improved. It's still a little jumpy when cold, but it doesn't stall anymore and once warm the idle is lovely and stable. Going to run it like this for a while and may get back to making it perfect once my other little projects are done.

Ed

Quick Reply: Idle problem