Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

"88 Targa Top

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 03:35 PM
justice911
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "88 Targa Top

Hello All, Questions regarding my “88 Targa. As older Targa owners know the top leaks. I know I can’t stop it all together but I would like to slow it from ruining my interior. Any suggestions? I was thinking of replacing the soft top with the fiberglass hard top from Pelican parts for the winter. I live in Nor Cal and get a lot of rain in the winter.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:30 PM
911tracker85
Rennlist Member

I am not familiar with the 'hard top' for the targa from Pelican. I got one of those being sold by a guy Sundialent on ebay. it leaks a tiny bit also, but I have not had it in heavy rain. I got it for track/DE as my stock top is billowing at track speeds and I got black flagged as it looked like it may be coming off. my 911 is mainly a track car now but I still drive on the street occasionaly. but almost never in the rain, not even at track events.

it may be your seals are worn/torn or just not fitting correctly somewhere. I'd look at that closely before dropping bucks on another top and end up with the same or different leaks.

good luck.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Rob Heath
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where is it leaking from?

Seals as suggested would be good place to start. If it is coming through a tear you might need to get top recovered.

At the risk of a jinx, my '88 top doesn't leak...
Old 02-16-2010, 07:00 PM
justice911
Advanced

It leaks pretty badly on the passenger side over the passenger seat. The top is in pretty good shape. I will try with the weather stripping. It is the original part. (I think)

Quick Reply: "88 Targa Top