Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Still Looking

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 01:14 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still Looking

I run this post at least once a year in case anyone has run across this car. I sold it in the Spring of 2000 to a guy in PA, who later sold it to a guy in MI. I started looking for it in 2004, but can't find it anywhere. I've run a VIN check by a Highway Patrolman in MI, and he couldn't locate it for me. It is an 82 SC, Light Blue metallic, hella blaus, and looked like this picture when I sold it. The VIN is WP0EA0916CS161475

Old 01-27-2010, 11:21 AM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted this before reading the thread ( Ridiculous price on 78SC @ B-J ) where it shows that most people aren't crazy about slant nose cars these days. Maybe whoever owns it put stock fenders back on it. In case it looks different now, some further details...The front fenders are steel, manufactured in Germany, the rear is all stell flares with wooden slats. Boxed rockers were also steel, or perhaps aluminum. I bought them from OK foreign dismantlers used. The interior is full leather with sport seats, dark blue, with matching Bird automotive center console, under dash cover, high end stereo, with amp under front bonnet, and speakers hidden all over the interior, including tweeters just fore of the window switches, plus remote power locks, and clifford alarm, with motion sensors. The wheels aren't cheap knock offs. There is more $ in the motor alone than the car is worth stock, even now, even if it were still in the primo condition with 60k miles it had when I watched it drive away. In addition this was the first 911 supercharged by superchargers of Knoxville, with a polished Paxton centrifugal blower, and still had the mock up hardware. Dual plug heads would also be obvious, even if the blower has been removed. It was replaced under warranty shortly before I sold it. It has SSI heat exhangers running straight into a danske sport muffler, with no CAT, OX sensor in bypass pipe. Front oil cooler, upgraded AC with Sanden Compressor.

There was a dial mounted in front console to change the spark, depending on the gas you were running. IT was possible to get race gas at a station near where I lived in TN at the time. The leather dash cover was just starting to turn up in the passengers side corner of windshield.

I used the proceeds from the car to get my son through the first two years of college. He started about the time I lost my rear in the market after the tech bubble burst. I would love to have it back, and would be willing to pay a finders fee to anyone who could put me on the trail. I am in the process of putting a tired 80 Weissach edition back in shape, and I am about to the point where I'm going to spend the money I've had set aside for this car, in the event I find it. I literally spent every spare dollar I could get during the 90s.

It is likely totaled or it left the country, but I'm trying one more time to locate it. The guy I sold it to knew nothing about Porsches, and had no idea what kind of motor was in it. He knew it was SC, but nothing more. He called me every week or two for several months after he bought it, but then I moved to a different state and we lost touch. I did find him last year, but he didn't have the name of the guy who bought the car. All he remembered was the guy had it shipped to MI, where it was registered for only one year, 2003.

VIN WP0EA0916CS161475

Quick Reply: Still Looking