Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

CA Roadside Smog Check

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 03:41 PM
jakeflyer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pete---
You have just brought up another bad issue! I have friends in law enforcement that have told me that the sheer number of uninsured drivers out there is staggering. Our Friday night DUI checkpoints always find expired tags and uninsured motorists. I would never allow the "Uninsured driver coverage" of my policy expire.
You bring up another point, how many without license, due to past DUI, are on the road, in addiiton to no ins or tags. My guess is that the law people function within areas where the results support the actions. Most of the boys have treated me well when a SIR is applied after a yes or no answer. Maam has not worked so well with the girls. I dare not try Madam.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by douglas bray
Pete, no kidding on the un-insured coverage. Last Tuesday I was hit from behind and hurt badly. I still have not gone to work. The guy offered me $1,000 if I would just drive away..... A good sign he was not insured. His truck left on a flatbed and I never did even get his name. All I got was a police report number and instructions to call in two weeks for the report.

OUCH!!! My best to you and a sincere wish for your total recovery. And I sure hope it wasn't your 911 that got hit...

The real kicker is that November is my insurance renewal month and the agent was a total *** trying to tell me that on that car we don't have coverage. The other three are covered, but not that one. RIGHT! By the time I was done reading the fine print on the contract I found that not only is it covered, but I have no out of pocket. In other words the last time I got hit and they claimed the damage was $499.00 and I would have to cover the first $500 they were totally screwing with me. Not a good time to be a Mercury customer.

We have Travelers. They cover our house and vehicles; great prices and coverage. Each covered vehicle is identified with large letters on the cover sheet, and specific coverages for each is listed under the vehicle name. I use a broker in Santa Monica, if you feel like it's a good time to shop, pm me and I'll send you his name (I've used him for 25 years, really good guy).
Yes, officer, I stopped in front of him. Yes, officer, you stopped me a while back for exhibition of speed. Officer, take off the cuffs, he hit ME!!!
Old 12-03-2009, 04:43 PM
cal44
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This occurs near Sea World from time to time. You can refuse the test according to the guy I talked to at the testing area. I asked him about cars from Mexico, he said we don't pull them into testing area.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter Zimmermann
Yes, officer, I stopped in front of him. Yes, officer, you stopped me a while back for exhibition of speed. Officer, take off the cuffs, he hit ME!!!
It was my Chevy Astrotank. The thing just won't die.

Quick Reply: CA Roadside Smog Check