Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

targa top pushing window out?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 11:13 PM
betilfan
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default targa top pushing window out?

My 78 SC has a problem with gaps towards the top of both windows. I just assumed new seals would fix the issue but they've only decreased it. Now it looks a bit like the window should be seating in the middle of the seal on the sides of the top but instead is on the outside. With this placement towards the back it pushes the window away from the seal and leaves a gap. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Can anyone post an image of how the window should seat in the seals?
Old 11-16-2009, 07:04 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,153 Likes on 826 Posts

Sounds like you are out of alignment.

PM sent
Old 11-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Houpty GT
Racer

Mine go to the outside if the window is all the way up and then the door is closed instead of being raised when the door is closed. Mine are out of alignment and raise the Targa roof if they go all the way up. I just have not gotten around to fixing it yet. I have not looked at the gap for the seals.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:29 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Houpty sounds like your top of travel needs adjusting under the inner door topper. if it goes up to far doesn't it damage the little black stop on the front quarter window ?
Old 11-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Houpty GT
Racer

Originally Posted by theiceman
Houpty sounds like your top of travel needs adjusting under the inner door topper. if it goes up to far doesn't it damage the little black stop on the front quarter window ?
Are you talking about the black stoppers that are worn through or dangling off :/ I figured I would be spending hours adjusting to get it right so I have not tried it yet. If just the upper door panel has to be remove to adjust the window stop then I could knock that out easy even though it would not all be done till I align my quarter windows also.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:52 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

yeah take te topper off the door ( 2 screws ) the stop is right underneath it ..

Quick Reply: targa top pushing window out?