Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Certified Pre-Owned Program

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 10:07 PM
C.Rock
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Certified Pre-Owned Program

Any cudos, cautions, or shortcomings in the Porsche USA certified pre-owned program? About to purchase a 2006 Carrera 4 Cabriolet from a long-standing Porsche dealership in my area.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:09 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,134 Likes on 810 Posts

not many CPO SCs and Carreras .... I think you need the 997 forum .. but i think with the engines Porsche is producing these days i wouldn't go without a CPO ...
Old 11-11-2009, 01:57 AM
RSKY BIZ
Shark Slayer
Rennlist Member

Location: 'BETWEEN NORTH STAR BOROUGH...& THE CONCH REPUBLIC'
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WELCOME ABOARD!

Originally Posted by C.Rock
Any cudos, cautions, or shortcomings in the Porsche USA certified pre-owned program? About to purchase a 2006 Carrera 4 Cabriolet from a long-standing Porsche dealership in my area.
Welcome aboard, Rennlist, CR! A long way from your father's yellow VW of yesteryear!!

Re: CPO -- if it is a PROPERLY PERFORMED P-O inspection, then the product you are purchasing has been tested / adjusted to 'perfect' conditions.

If, OTOH, the P-O 'inspection' is nothing more than a 'completed check list' to 'secure the sale', then you are subject to multiple visits back to your friendly dealer. I am not privy as to how to discern the difference, however, except by an independent PPI. Speaking for myself, a non-wrencher, I would ALWAYS seek out a CPO Porsche, given the option.

Elmsford Body Shop didn't like dealing with 'foreign cars', btw...

Utilize the 'search function' on this forum (when working properly). There's a wealth of info, jokes and mis-information here, as with most any large forum. The 'fun of it' is figuring out 'which is which!'

All the best as you get on yet another of life's 'slippery slopes!'
Let us know how it goes, and then be sure to post the obligatory pics!

Enjoy -- this ain't no practice lap!!
Kim
Old 11-11-2009, 11:26 AM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

CPO is the only way I would purchase a modern Porsche. You buy a slightly used car and don't take the massive depreciation hit in the first year. My Cayenne is under CPO and I have used it several times. The other benefit is the CPO extends the warranty by, *I think* , 3 years and up to 100k miles.

Quick Reply: Certified Pre-Owned Program