Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

JWestEngineering Headlight Relay Install ???????

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 04:10 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default JWestEngineering Headlight Relay Install ???????

I installed last year works well but lost instructions. If I recall some wires are connected to pre fuse...that comes from the switch and triggers the relay. Some wires connect post fuse that has the battery voltage from the relay and feeds the lights. Yet, the fuse is still in place....doesn't that create a bridge between the pre and post relay? I would think a loop would be created and could not turn the system off....Sorry, this is all from memmory and I could be all wrong, but could not sleep last night thinking about this...too much time on my hands..
thanks,
abe

Last edited by abe; 10-31-2009 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:04 PM
TA911-64
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Abe,
You've got to remove the two wires from the TOP of each fuse and connect them to the relay wires.
Connect the other two wires from the relay to the top block of the fuses (where the original wires were)
to put the relay inline. There are also wires from the relay to the battery and ground.
Tom
Old 10-31-2009, 11:30 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,160 Likes on 831 Posts

The yellow and white wires removed from the top of the relay block atach to one side of the coil on the relay
the other side of the coil on the relay go to ground , so when you send headlight switch current down to the fuse panel it merely energizes a coil.

Then one side of the contacts gets wired to the battery directly , and the other sides of the contact go to the top of the fuseblock where the yelow and white wires were removed .. so when the contacts close battery juice flows through the fuse to the headlights.

Simple.

Last edited by theiceman; 01-09-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:29 AM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks guys..like I said mine works but I had forgotten that I did disconnect the fuse wires and connected it to the relay! All that lost of sleep wasted. My wife is right...too much time on my hands.
abe

Quick Reply: JWestEngineering Headlight Relay Install ???????